Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Apr 17, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #377 of 788
Canceled my order.

Will revisit in the fall. Hopefully by then, they will have most of the bugs sorted out.

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #378 of 788
Canceled my order.

Will revisit in the fall. Hopefully by then, they will have most of the bugs sorted out.
From my experience theres not too many bugs and the only ones I can find are Bluetooth related...
Will disconnect from eddict player for no reason , will find but not connect properly to my onemore Sonoflow ....the only othe possible one was I went to look at added favourites and everything I had added was gone? Not certain if my blunder or bug at the moment, will take time to replicate....
Other than this it's actually a nice little pocket player
The only other thing which I have mentioned before is I would like to see scrolling side to side on track and file selection when highlighted, this is a common feature in many cheap small screened MP3 players and imo a much needed one...
Hard to see what you are selecting otherwise.

Apr 17, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #379 of 788
You have issues with connecting, re-connecting, dropping signal? If you can provide us with bit more details it would be helpful.
Yes, the problem is the following.
MTW 200, the pairing is normal, but the next time you connect these headphones, the player does not see them, you have to either force them to be connected in the bluetooth menu or when the player is rebooted. Headphones were reset, it does not help.
The same story with the MTW 300 for both versions of theQualcomm QCC3040 (the problem is in it.).
I figured out the MTW 100 BA, everything works fine. MIFo o7 generally goes into mode SyncLink.

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #383 of 788
Request to Shanling representatives. In the new firmware, please do not forget to fix the Bluetooth connection of the Anker SoundCore Liberty 3 Pro headphones. Now these earbuds will not pair with Shanling M0 Pro.
It's on our list of problematic TWS, now up to the softwar team to fix it.
We will definitely mention it in update notes when it will be released.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #384 of 788
Here's my work around for the Bluetooth malfunction. First put your earbuds in your ears. Then turn the M0 Pro on. While the unit is pairing put it as close to your ears as you can. In my case I have a shirt with thick lapels so I just tuck the M0 up under one. The lapel pinches it in place. If your shirt/jacket has epaulettes try Velcro dots to hold it under one. Some kind of necklace may also work. The idea being to get the M0 as close to the ears as you can.
This work around solves static crashes, dropouts and only one bud working at a time problems. All the BT problems I had with the player in my front pants pocket. Don't bother trying LDAC or aptX. I leave mine in LDAC HD and that works as well as any and a bit better than some. The problem isn't CODEC related or decoding at all related. It's in the Bluetooth stack. I don't know if this player conserves battery power by actively adjusting transmitter power. Some do that. If so I'd bet that's the problem. Too much reduction.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #386 of 788
Here's my work around for the Bluetooth malfunction. First put your earbuds in your ears. Then turn the M0 Pro on. While the unit is pairing put it as close to your ears as you can. In my case I have a shirt with thick lapels so I just tuck the M0 up under one. The lapel pinches it in place. If your shirt/jacket has epaulettes try Velcro dots to hold it under one. Some kind of necklace may also work. The idea being to get the M0 as close to the ears as you can.

Sounds similar to early iFi Go Blu units - close to useless BT range. This not something you can fix by firmware update. It is bad design. iFi never acknowledged the problem, but later batches had improved BT range. I am curious to know how Shanling will deal with this. All metal case does not help. Hiby's choice of plastic for R2 may prove an advantage as far as BT transmission goes.

Apr 19, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #387 of 788
I checked the operation in the USB DAC mode, the output is limited to 24 bit / 192 kHz, the DSD does not process at all, unless the PSM mode is enabled in the settings of the Fobar 2000 (outputs 24/192). Whether this is a flaw in the firmware or a conscious limitation in the USB DAC mode, it is not clear.

Apr 19, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #389 of 788
Sounds similar to early iFi Go Blu units - close to useless BT range. This not something you can fix by firmware update. It is bad design. iFi never acknowledged the problem, but later batches had improved BT range. I am curious to know how Shanling will deal with this. All metal case does not help. Hiby's choice of plastic for R2 may prove an advantage as far as BT transmission goes.
I don’t think it’s a HW issue. I did some tests connecting the M0-Pro and the Hiby R2-II together. Using LDAC and the M0-Pro either as a BT transmitter or as a BT receiver, the BT range was between 5 and 10m. The R2-II as receiver indicated LDAC 96 kHz, which I believe is the LDAC highest rate.
With my iPhone connected to the M0-Pro (AAC), the BT range was even better, easily 10m.
At normal range, the connection was very stable—no cut, pops…

I did not do very long tests, but I did connect/disconnect, turn BT on & off multiple times. In a few occasions, the M0-Pro became very sluggish and unresponsive. I had to re-start it a few times… I could be wrong but I suspect there are some issues with the BT software stack on the M0-Pro. If true, this should be fixable with a FW update.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #390 of 788
I could be wrong but I suspect there are some issues with the BT software stack on the M0-Pro. If true, this should be fixable with a FW update.

Fingers crossed :)

If I get one, I want to use it by the pool / at the beach, so no shirt (and no collar) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back