Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Jan 20, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #167 of 825
What battery life are you getting on average with this combo? SE/BAL
I haven't tested that yet, but I was able to listen for about an hour on whatever little charge the M0 came with out of the box so the battery isn't weak. I'd bring a charger if you plan on making this combo your daily driver though.

Edit: Balanced

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #168 of 825
I'm receiving my M0 Pro today. Is there any USB mode I should select for sending digital signal to an external DAC (using the USB output)? When so, what happens with the volume option of the M0Pro?
No special mode for use with USB DACs, M0 Pro will recognize it automatically. You can change in setting behaviour of volume control and how DSD files are processed.

Guys, a question: I have several albums/folders with flac. files on my microSD card. With two of those folders, when I enter and play a file the player freezes (yet keep
playing the file). This does not happen with any other of the folders I have there, just with those two specifically.

What this usually mean? I mean, is it a file problem? or a folder problem? Again, the freeze happens the moment I play any file within those two folders.

Edit: I dont know if is relevant, but when I decompressed those folders At least one flac file from each had some kind of a character issue, because decompression stoped and asked me to select a proper encoding, giving me dozens of languages to choose from. Never happened to me before and dont know exactly why, but apparently there was an apostrophe or something there.
Can be a corrupted file, you can send it to us for a check if you want at info@shanling.com

Can you change the lowpass filters when in Bluetooth mode? And how well does the Bluetooth perform?
You can change the filter only before entering the Bluetooth receiver mode.

Are you using Balanced Line Out? I found when I use balanced line out, M0 Pro gets warm. When using single ended line out, there is no distortion.
I'm sorry, but are you running balanced output from M0 Pro into single-ended input of Woo audio WA7? That's not something we would recommend, as it can result in issues with both devices.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 20, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #169 of 825
Are you using Balanced Line Out? I found when I use balanced line out, M0 Pro gets warm. When using single ended line out, there is no distortion.
You would have to use an amplifier with a balanced input with balanced output on the M0 Pro, otherwise it defeats the purpose and connects or shorts the two inputs together. Not a good thing...

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #170 of 825
Got the M0 Pro today for reviewing and I am enjoying it so far. Some few suggestions mostly on the Firmware side though @Shanling
1. The fast scrolling seem to consider case-sensitive case. While it's good that you guys also have non English character, is there any way that you guys can group both case sensitive and case insensitive letter together?
2. I think some character isn't rendered on the M0 Pro UI ("𠷡")
3. While swipe right is used for returning to the previous window. Is there any way for us to also have an option to change the action for swiping left? That would be nice if someone want to have a function to switch the song for example (I know this might skip some option but sometimes I just want a quick swipe rather than touch when operating)
4. Speaking of left-right... Any option to do it in reverse for people who are left handed?
5. Currently importing song do make the Shanling M0 Pro to scan from the beginning of the folder. Is it possible to have a "cache" function so that the M0 Pro would only add the new song rather than just scan from the beginning? This is extremely helpful for people who has 5000+ songs like me
6. MTouch OS seem to be quite trigger happy when it comes to scrolling on the Shanling M0 Pro probably due to scrolling. A slower speed might be preferred.
7. The scanning function doesn't seem to ignore folder beginning with "." . For Linux based system (Including android), these are usually marked as hidden folder. What ended up is that stuff in folder like ".TRASH-1000" ended up being read as well. Maybe you should ignore these folder when scanning
8. I usually prefer to sort an album based on Album Artists, can this be added?

Out of firmware issue request: When can we expect the 3.5mm to 4.4 adapter distributed to other store front? (Linsoul, HifiGo etc). Currently the only two option is Amazon US and Aliexpress but some of us prefer international shipping through other store front

Selfish requests: Is there any option to change the lock screen opacity or hiding the clock and stuff? :'). I know this is likely to be included in MTouch OS but it would be nice if it ever exists
cc247010-1364-40c6-b7d7-91e3fe6e7c2e.jpg

I will try the M0 Pro for a few weeks before writing a review but I am enjoying the experience so far

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #171 of 825
Got the M0 Pro today for reviewing and I am enjoying it so far. Some few suggestion mostly on the Firmware side though @Shanling
1. The fast scrolling seem to consider case-sensitive case, is there any way that you guys can group both case sensitive and case insensitive letter together?
2. I think some character isn't rendered on the M0 Pro UI ("𠷡")
3. While swipe right is used for returning to window. Is there any way for us to also have an option to change the action for swiping left? That would be nice if someone want to have a function to switch the song for example
4. Currently importing song do make the Shanling M0 Pro to scan from the beginning of the folder. Is it possible to have a "cache" function so that the M0 Pro would only add the new song rather than just scan from the beginning? This is extremely helpful for people who has 5000+ songs like me
5. MTouch OS seem to be quite trigger happy when it comes to scrolling on the Shanling M0 Pro probably due to scrolling. A slower speed might be preferred.

Out of firmware issue request: When can we expect the 3.5mm to 4.4 adapter distributed to other store front? (Linsoul, HifiGo etc). Currently the only two option is Amazon US and Aliexpress but some of us prefer international shipping through other store front

Selfish requests: Is there any option to change the lock screen opacity or hiding the clock and stuff? :'). I know this is likely to be included in MTouch OS but it would be nice if it ever exists
cc247010-1364-40c6-b7d7-91e3fe6e7c2e.jpg

I will try the M0 Pro for a few weeks before writing a review but I am enjoying the experience so far
Can't wait for the review, do you have the hidizs AP80 Pro-x?

I have 10.000 music files, but I prefer to search by folders. When adding music, can I skip the scan and go straight to the folders?

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #172 of 825
Can't wait for the review, do you have the hidizs AP80 Pro-x?
I don't have the AP80 Pro X sadly. My only other DAP is DX160 and it's usually my main listening option

I have 10.000 music files, but I prefer to search by folders. When adding music, can I skip the scan and go straight to the folders?
Based on the feedback of people here, I think it's possible. Though, My educated guess based on my Software Programming background is that the scanning function only add the song entry into the music app playlist. Browsing them is a different thing.
I do organize my music really well though (Even with tagging)
1674217981160.png

I would say most people would get the M0 Pro because they have a large music library so having the scanning option not being "cached" isn't helping. My entire music play list reaches over 5000+ as well and it takes me half an hour to scan them.
Alternatively if MTouch OS ever got open sourced, which it will never, I would add these option myself lol

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #173 of 825
It is possible to view folders without scanning the SD card.
I prefer to use folders as well so scanning isn't crucial for me, but I did scan my 10k files and the scan finished in a matter of minutes so no biggie.

My FW is 1.2, any other users can comment on theirs?

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #174 of 825
It is possible to view folders without scanning the SD card.
I prefer to use folders as well so scanning isn't crucial for me, but I did scan my 10k files and the scan finished in a matter of minutes so no biggie.

My FW is 1.2, any other users can comment on theirs?
I used mine in folder view as soon as it arrived without scanning the card.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #175 of 825
Can be a corrupted file, you can send it to us for a check if you want at info@shanling.com
Thank your for your reply. I figured it out. For some reason the jpeg. image cover in those two folders was causing the conflict. I removed the images and now works fine (but without cover of course). Again, those two folders had some kind of code thing, because decompressing them was weird as it paused the process and asked me to select the right codification (for characters I presume) from dozens of languages, before continue.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #176 of 825
You would have to use an amplifier with a balanced input with balanced output on the M0 Pro, otherwise it defeats the purpose and connects or shorts the two inputs together. Not a good thing...
So, I guess my WA7 RCA input is single ended? That explains! Fortunately, nothing is damaged because the clipping is so unbearable, after a few minutes I disconnected them. I will try C9 later and see if it improves. I also tried Little Bear B4-X to Stellia last night and after a while I forgot that I was listening from M0 Pro! It is that good.

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #177 of 825
So, I guess my WA7 RCA input is single ended? That explains! Fortunately, nothing is damaged because the clipping is so unbearable, after a few minutes I disconnected them. I will try C9 later and see if it improves. I also tried Little Bear B4-X to Stellia last night and after a while I forgot that I was listening from M0 Pro! It is that good.
Most amps with balanced input use XLR connectors or 4.4mm connector.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #178 of 825
Most amps with balanced input use XLR connectors or 4.4mm connector.
Yeah, I thought RCA has two separate input so balanced to RCA should be fine but..

I just tested it with C9 with balanced Line Out from M0 Pro and it works fine without distortion. It actually sounds very good with Stellia.

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #179 of 825
@Shanling is the M0 supposed to be recognized as external storage when connected in USB Storage mode to Android device? Mine does not get recognized by the phone as mass storage in that mode - in USB audio it is, but there is a bug after few seconds - M0 displays low battery (like red 0%) on the screen and then player resets, so nothing can be transferred to or from the player.

It would be hell useful for me if you could transfer files from mobile

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #180 of 825
Still no options for adding a clip either from Shanling or third party vendors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back