Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #152 of 825
Hi,

Im thinking of buying this, but I cant seem to find where I can buy the balanced adapter? Most of my gear is in 4.4 so I would like to buy the player and adapter at the same time.

EDIT: Shanling official store on Alixepress has a bundle :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #155 of 825
Thanks, that too!

Although buying from Canada, AliExpress is $30 cheaper... Guess if I want to wait a month and save money or get it sooner and pay the premium 😅
Don't forget buying from Canada is better if you need the warranty. I have had nightmares shipping DAP's to China under warranty and usually have to pay shipping which adds to the cost vs simply returning it to a Canadian dealer. I am going to wait for more reviews and news on any needed firmware updates so might as well wait until I can get it in Canada.

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #156 of 825
Guys, a question: I have several albums/folders with flac. files on my microSD card. With two of those folders, when I enter and play a file the player freezes (yet keep
playing the file). This does not happen with any other of the folders I have there, just with those two specifically.

What this usually mean? I mean, is it a file problem? or a folder problem? Again, the freeze happens the moment I play any file within those two folders.

Edit: I dont know if is relevant, but when I decompressed those folders At least one flac file from each had some kind of a character issue, because decompression stoped and asked me to select a proper encoding, giving me dozens of languages to choose from. Never happened to me before and dont know exactly why, but apparently there was an apostrophe or something there.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #157 of 825
People who honestly admit that sources aren't that different, at least with sensitive iems, are automatically more trustworthy in my book :thumbsup:
He also admitted his ears weren't that good.

This is a hobby where people regularly pay a premium to squeeze out comparatively small increases in performance most of the time. Why? Because when you hear it you can't unhear it, and even a small regression can ruin the music.

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #158 of 825
No sure if this has been asked before but can you plug both a headphone cable and a USB cable into the device at the same time? Looks like the ports are too close to each other...

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #160 of 825
No sure if this has been asked before but can you plug both a headphone cable and a USB cable into the device at the same time? Looks like the ports are too close to each other...
Yes, you can. I used some after market cables with thick plugs, all good.
One little quip, the USB plug doesn't seem to be plugged in all the way, hence it sticks out a bit. It's mostly visual, shouldn't really ruin the user experience.

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #162 of 825
Got M0 Pro for a few days and I am very happy about it. Direct drive IE900 via balanced adapter sounds very good. It has sufficient power to drive less demanding IEMs. Sound is not as expanded as high end DAPs that is for sure but not lacking too much. Lows are deep for the price and it can slam (with easy to drive IEM). High is polite and mid is a bit forward, making stage a bit narrow. Guitar string sounds very live like. Tuning is neutral, not V shaped. Detail is above the same price range DAPs. Dynamic is good if IEMs are not too demanding. Even though it is not as good as DX300, WA8, let along desktop DAC/AMPs. it is not too far behind from portable DPAs. I think it is very good considering the cost of M0 Pro. I also have a M0, and M0 Pro is light years ahead. I use the M0 mainly with TWS earbuds for exercise. When working and not too serious about the sound, I would use M0 Pro.

One drawback is M0 Pro’s line out. It sets the output to maximum and making sound clipping and coarse. When driving it with WA7, it clips so much, it is not a very enjoyable experience. I do not know if it is the inter connect cable but I doubt it Is.

Overall, I think M0 Pro is very good for the price and it is very suitable acting as an entry level DAP. If you no longer pursuit summit level of sound, and is willing to settle for less, this is the DAP to keep.

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #163 of 825
Got M0 Pro for a few days and I am very happy about it. Direct drive IE900 via balanced adapter sounds very good. It has sufficient power to drive less demanding IEMs. Sound is not as expanded as high end DAPs that is for sure but not lacking too much. Lows are deep for the price and it can slam (with easy to drive IEM). High is polite and mid is a bit forward, making stage a bit narrow. Guitar string sounds very live like. Tuning is neutral, not V shaped. Detail is above the same price range DAPs. Dynamic is good if IEMs are not too demanding. Even though it is not as good as DX300, WA8, let along desktop DAC/AMPs. it is not too far behind from portable DPAs. I think it is very good considering the cost of M0 Pro. I also have a M0, and M0 Pro is light years ahead. I use the M0 mainly with TWS earbuds for exercise. When working and not too serious about the sound, I would use M0 Pro.

One drawback is M0 Pro’s line out. It sets the output to maximum and making sound clipping and coarse. When driving it with WA7, it clips so much, it is not a very enjoyable experience. I do not know if it is the inter connect cable but I doubt it Is.

Overall, I think M0 Pro is very good for the price and it is very suitable acting as an entry level DAP. If you no longer pursuit summit level of sound, and is willing to settle for less, this is the DAP to keep.
I'm driving a Schiit Magni 3 with my M0 Pro - power (line) out and all is well, no clipping at all. Sounds great.

Jan 19, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #164 of 825
I'm driving a Schiit Magni 3 with my M0 Pro - power (line) out and all is well, no clipping at all. Sounds great.
Are you using Balanced Line Out? I found when I use balanced line out, M0 Pro gets warm. When using single ended line out, there is no distortion.

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #165 of 825
ACF8DBC6-45A0-45C6-834D-92680E6104DF.jpeg

This is a very good combo. The M0 Pro is far easier to use than I would have expected a device its size to be, and the Cayin sounds gorgeous on it, better than when it's connected to the computer. Great job, Shanling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back