Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 8, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,156 of 6,418
I can also recommend using it straight into the EW9. An excellent combination for jazz and vocal.

Has anyone else tried the EW9 with them?

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,157 of 6,418
First of all, kudos to the guys at headphoniaks.com in Spain....great costumer service....they replaced my "ghost" unit for a new one without a problem.

I just update it to 2.0 version....my question is...why I can't see the artwork at the dsf files?
What's this "ghost" problem?

I've updated my M0 with no issues, better swipe it's smother, but the flickering screen it's still visible.
The new firmware was supposed to solve this issue? Or we've to wait for a new version

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,158 of 6,418
hooked up the M0 to a Bluewave Get
Will be trying some over ears

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,159 of 6,418
I've been out with mine a few times, it just disappears in your pocket. Great form. Love the sound. I have been fortunate that I have not seen any glitches on the unit running v1.5. Behaving nicely and giving great sounds, this is my new EDC. Paired with the IT01 and Periodic Be, just awesome sounds. I don't use use the BT features.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,161 of 6,418
I was thinking of getting one today, but reading this thread, many problems keeps arising, may be I'll hold back.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,162 of 6,418
Jun 8, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,164 of 6,418
How I can make my any of my non-bluetooth headphones Bluetooth enabled and still have a DAP when I want! This is well worth the $99 (or even $109)... What I mean is that most Bluetooth adapters only do AptX and are around the same price (they don't do LDAC nor are the DAPs hell my AP200 can't even link to my phone over Bluetooth and do what the M0 does!...well right now anyways. Lol)

If you're on the fence and your phone doesn't have a headphone jack this is so worth the money!

SxOFOaI.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,165 of 6,418
Just updated to 2.0 very painless. I'm noticing less tearing on the screen. Getting text to scroll is much easier now and consistent. I'm no longer scrolling up or down accidentally while swiping.

I did test out the EQ's and they are lower volume/sound than having no EQ at all. The profiles of the sound changes, but the overall volume is much lower; I end up needing to increase my volume by 15-20 (50 goes to 65/70 or higher) and the sound stage changes but not in any real way I can enjoy. I'd like a Vocal (for podcasts) ; a Smile (over all V shaped) or to know what the EQ's settings are changing and possibly an option to update/save over them).

Additionally what do the filter options do for an end user? When would we use them? What's the best for usage cases?

PLEASE consider adding an option for text scrolling speed (normal, fast, faster) the human eye can read really quickly.
Also consider adding the ability to trigger the scroll of text for more than 1 line at a time.

These are my only issues about the device and they are small. Amazing job. Looking forward to what comes in the future.

Thanks very much for the quick update.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #1,166 of 6,418
Just updated to 2.0 very painless. I'm noticing less tearing on the screen. Getting text to scroll is much easier now and consistent. I'm no longer scrolling up or down accidentally while swiping.

PLEASE consider adding an option for text scrolling speed (normal, fast, faster) the human eye can read really quickly.
Also consider adding the ability to trigger the scroll of text for more than 1 line at a time.

These are my only complaints about the device.

Thanks very much for the quick update.
I just need my external playlist added

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #1,167 of 6,418
for those who are having problems unziping the file here it's https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkjLGSQYz-N0g_5kdxEvYtqKdfpw_g and for those who don't have the sd card formatted as FAT32 i did it with this app (no viruses and very little advertising) https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/convert-exfat-to-fat32.html it's very easy to use and it worked beautifully with my 64gb sand disk sd
Thank you for the unzipped file. It allowed me to successfully update the MO's firmware.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #1,168 of 6,418
I updated firmware 2.0, but still have problem on USB transport.
I connected M0 to Mojo using USB OTG cable and played flac music files.
The very beginning of the files are omitted and/or fade in. Not always but often it happens.
If I play the files plugging in earphone on M0, it works fine.
I can't use M0 for this.I hope it will be fixed soon.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #1,169 of 6,418
Read the whole thread to get an idea where the current state is. Instead of counting post of people reporting problems.
Actually, i've read through the whole thread.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #1,170 of 6,418
I updated firmware 2.0, but still have problem on USB transport.
I connected M0 to Mojo using USB OTG cable and played flac music files.
The very beginning of the files are omitted and/or fade in. Not always but often it happens.
If I play the files plugging in earphone on M0, it works fine.
I can't use M0 for this.I hope it will be fixed soon.
Ah, that old chestnut!

This is due to the time taken for the DAC to wake up. It's not a fault of the M0 per se but it is something Shanling could easily fix nonetheless.

What is needed is the ability to add about 1 second of almost-but-not-quite-silence at the start of playback when using as a USB transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back