1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.2

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384
386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last
  1. endgame4
    My files have ReplayGain tags. Used foobar2000 to scan and apply the tags.

In foobar2000 itself (obviously) and my Sansa players running Rockbox it works well.

What software do you use to apply it?

2. GamePat
    I used dBpoweramp to scan all my files and apply a tag, but it doesn't seem to work.

3. Shanling
    Can you please take 3-4 songs showing big differences in volume and send it to us in PM? Files we have works fine, but maybe there is something we need to adjust more.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  4. GamePat
    No problem. Will do it when I'm back home in about 10 hours or so.

5. tonik666
    Hi,

I did already some investigation regarding the replay gain function of M0. I am using Foobar2000 for replay gain analysis.

M0 is not able to read replay gain info from cue sheets. M0 is able to read replay gain info only from tags. Foobar2000 stores replay gain info in embedded cue sheets (if they are present). This is probably why you have issue with replay gain function on your flac files.

I have not found a way how to make Foobar2000 store replay gain info in tags when an embedded cue sheet is present. I have found a workaround - to remove embedded cue sheet from the file, analyze it using the replay gain analyzer, store replay gain info, which now gets written in the tag since embedded cue sheet is not there, and then embed the cue sheet again. Then replay gain works even for flac with cue sheets in M0.

For flac without cue sheets replay gain works just fine (where album is split into songs/files).

With mp3, replay gain works mostly fine. I have stumbled upon several files, where replay gain info is nor read and applied by M0 even though the info is there and works normally in Foobar2000.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. fogma
    Im curious if a simple copy of number from cua file to file tag will work?

7. mafyou12
    @Shanling there's a wrinkle with Vehicle mode I'm hoping is unintentional/fixable. When I take the player around with me (no charging/USB) and I turn it on* and start playing a song, it shuts off in one minute if I've left Vehicle Mode enabled. I would've thought that the mode would only be initiated by charging. Please advise.

* from off to on - I don't bother with sleep mode

8. lepre
    @Shanling bluetooth connection with the sony wf-1000mx3 is not working. The earphone is not showing up to connect.

9. filbert
    That’s worrying, I was thinking about getting a pair of these as they’ve had great reviews.
    I assume you’ve tested with other music sources?

10. davidcotton
    Have you had it connected before? Had a bit of hassle getting it connected as well. I THINK you have to hold down the button longer than normal on either the headphones or player (can't remember which, try both) and then it works. Certainly not as easy as normal.

11. lepre
    Yes i connected them to other devices: hiby r6, iphone, galaxy s9 without any problems. And there are no button on the sony . These are the sony IEMs (wf-1000mx3) not the big ones (wh-1000mx3). I Tried only sbc and aac codecs because these are the only codecs the sony iems are supporting.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  12. davidcotton
    Sorry, get those two mixed up!

13. augustr
    I just connected my M0 to my WF-1000XM3.
    You have to remember 2 things:
    First: hold on both earphones for 7 seconds to pair to a second device
    Second: change the quality on the M0 to AAC (it's the highest codec the sony's support)
    Done, it'll find the earphones and connect. Before the discussion begins: I'm not of the opinion that they need to work with the latest and greatest codec. These do wonders for a pair of TWS IEMs, even with a "lesser" codec.

14. lepre

15. lepre
    No clue what the problem is. M0 is on AAC. SONys accu is on 100%, they are flashing which means they are waiting for a connection. i was pressing search 20 times on the M0 and they dont appear only one other device. M0 and the Sonys are both on the latest firmware.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
First

Back
375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384
386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last