Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #2,386 of 6,418
Damn it!

Which colour to get? Decisions, decisions....
Black is always classy. But Ferrari red us so sexy... Then there's royal purple, for dap royalty like the m0... Then there's the bright blue, as clear and powerful as the ocean...

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #2,387 of 6,418
Now for some negativity. Does anyone else find scrolling through lists hugely inaccurate? I’m scrolling with my finger, wading through songs, but more often than not, I accidentally select the song instead of scrolling down the list. What an annoyance.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #2,388 of 6,418
Damn it!

I chose titanium and the two-tone combination of rose gold and black is beautiful to my eyes.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #2,389 of 6,418
Black is always classy. But Ferrari red us so sexy... Then there's royal purple, for dap royalty like the m0... Then there's the bright blue, as clear and powerful as the ocean...

Lol. That's exactly my dilemma. You're not helping. :)

I chose titanium and the two-tone combination of rose gold and black is beautiful to my eyes.

Rose gold & black combo is an option? I have not seen that. I'm leaning towards the titanium.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #2,390 of 6,418

Rose gold & black combo is an option? I have not seen that. I'm leaning towards the titanium.

The silver finish of the titanium version is a tad yellowish and a tad reddish to my eyes. That's why I called it rose gold. Sorry. Maybe rose gold wasn't the correct term for it. And the two tone combination I was talking about is the black plane where the screen resides surrounded by the silver finish, like what you see of online pictures of the device.

Aug 5, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #2,391 of 6,418
Damn it!

Definitely red! No dilemma at all. Just fits this little guy - small red and high quality. Just like a sports car :wink:

Aug 5, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #2,392 of 6,418
Question for those who have used BT on the M0 - Have you used the M0 as a receiver, or just as a transmitter?
I've got an Avantree Oasis Plus BT aptX HD transmitter, connected to my home audio system.
My M0 pairs with the Oasis Plus, and connects, but I don't hear any sound from earbuds that are connected to the M0.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #2,394 of 6,418
Question for those who have used BT on the M0 - Have you used the M0 as a receiver, or just as a transmitter?
I've got an Avantree Oasis Plus BT aptX HD transmitter, connected to my home audio system.
My M0 pairs with the Oasis Plus, and connects, but I don't hear any sound from earbuds that are connected to the M0.

Works as receiver for me using my Samsung TAB S2 tablet as the transmitter. The M0 doesn't do aptX HD though, just normal aptX...I guess make sure your not trying to pass aptX HD through, but not sure how that device works.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2,395 of 6,418

I almost exclusively use the M0 as a bt receiver, using either ldac or aac. I had a similiar problem when i first got the device. Updating to the latest firmware solved the problem for me.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #2,396 of 6,418
Now for some negativity. Does anyone else find scrolling through lists hugely inaccurate? I’m scrolling with my finger, wading through songs, but more often than not, I accidentally select the song instead of scrolling down the list. What an annoyance.

I mentioned this right after I got my M0 and several times after. Scrolling through tracks is definitely the biggest issue I have with this DAP. Scrolling using the ... does help some but still hard to actually get to the track I want. Not sure how much Shanling can improve this, @Shanling did mention the scrolling needs to be more accurate so hopefully this can be fixed in firmware to some degree.

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,398 of 6,418
I mentioned this right after I got my M0 and several times after. Scrolling through tracks is definitely the biggest issue I have with this DAP. Scrolling using the ... does help some but still hard to actually get to the track I want. Not sure how much Shanling can improve this, @Shanling did mention the scrolling needs to be more accurate so hopefully this can be fixed in firmware to some degree.

They have a small kick in the action of the scrolling.
If they get rid of that and make it more linear in movement it may improve the scrolling.
Speed wise I think its fine as it stops scrolling instantly now with a quick touch

@Shanling Can you remove that odd kick in the scrolling please.

My M0 does occasiionally connect but no sound when transmitting.
If it's paired try powering down and restart.
Wait a while and see if it auto pairs.
If not then go into the bluetooth menu and then wait.
It may kick in and pair now.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #2,400 of 6,418
Just curious, can the m0 output audio to USB C headphones?

I'm going to guess they will not put out an analog signal for passive USB C headphones, but does it put out a digital signal for active USB C headphones like those that come with the essential phone for example?

I don't have a pair to test, but I'd be curious to see if they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back