Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,371 of 6,413
Sat at work today with my r6 in my trouser pocket and it wasn't exactly comfortable (devices on desks are frowned on), so the m0 would be perfect from that score. Honestly the only reason (aside from wondering if it's too small) I haven't got one yet is because of audiobook support. That said I am wavering and nearly ordered one a couple of times this week :)

How about some head-fi peer pressure :) Buy it!!!! It’s only a little over a 100 bucks and it is SO portable. Ha ha

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,376 of 6,413
Funnily, other than the SQ, my favourite feature of the M0 is just how well it fits in that little coin pocket on my jeans...

Perfect location, extra little bonus :)

Yeah I mean who carries coins anymore? nice to know that little pocket still has a purpose :ksc75smile:

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2,377 of 6,413
Sat at work today with my r6 in my trouser pocket and it wasn't exactly comfortable (devices on desks are frowned on), so the m0 would be perfect from that score. Honestly the only reason (aside from wondering if it's too small) I haven't got one yet is because of audiobook support. That said I am wavering and nearly ordered one a couple of times this week :)

Take it from someone who travels a ton, :airplane_arriving::bus::railway_track::motorway: best DAP to carry around you can get that still sounds good by far. It is so small that if it wasn't for my headphone cable I might forget it was in my pocket. At some point I might need to attach one of those key finders to it so I can keep from misplacing it. :astonished:

I use to have to rearrange stuff to carry my old A17/Q1 stack. Now I just drop the M0 into whichever pocket is the least crammed full of stuff. The little clip case helps to when I have completely run out of pocket space which sadly happens way to often. Don't get me wrong it is far from perfect and it does drive me nuts several times a day when I need to change volume or find a particular track. Hopefully replaygain will be added soon and I can stop futzing around with the scroll wheel to change the volume so much. But most of the time when I travel I just turn it on drop it in a pocket and let it play and drown out the chaos happening around me.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2,379 of 6,413

You should buy one.
I had sold my R6,
Have a R3 but the M0 is what I use all the time now.

big hands may be a problem though:)

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #2,382 of 6,413
@Shanling Any chance you could incorporate the Sony two channel Bluetooth . I have a SRS-X11 and they can be setup as L and R speakers.
Why wouldn't the normal BT output work just fine with them? The L&R setup is a feature of the speaker, no? Many speakers have the ability to create L&R pairs these days. They aren't dependent on a specific BT signal.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #2,383 of 6,413
Why wouldn't the normal BT output work just fine with them? The L&R setup is a feature of the speaker, no? Many speakers have the ability to create L&R pairs these days. They aren't dependent on a specific BT signal.

I've deleted the post :) Just got them and did not check the manual.

Yep the sony syncs the speaker into stereo with add button.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #2,384 of 6,413
I’ll go on and say it. The M0 is probably the best sounding DAP I’ve heard in my life because of the clarity it exudes. How something so small can sound so good is mind boggling. And its overall price makes this whole deal even better.

Thanks, Shanling.

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2,385 of 6,413
Damn it!

Which colour to get? Decisions, decisions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back