Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #2,161 of 6,418
hey, can u compare v30 vs m0 SQ? amp?
It's close, but there are differences in the filters available on the two devices. I marginally prefer the M0.

Not sure what you mean by "amp?". SQ could be all over the map depending on which external amp you connect. Both V30 and M0 drive the Hugo 2 nicely (that sounds great and is marginally more refined than either V30 or M0, but not very portable).

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,162 of 6,418
Personally for connecting to my phone, I'm more than happy to use LDAC, sounds really great

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #2,163 of 6,418
I no longer have any phones with a micro-USB output, but I have not been able to drive the M0 from UAPP on my V30. I've tried dozens of OTG USB-C-to-USB-C cables and adapters and nothing works. In each case, the handshake gets confused and weird things happen - like, the M0 ends up charging my phone :wink: Not a big deal for me, because my phone shares the same DAC chip as the M0, but I was just curious to see if it could be done. Apparently I'm missing something. I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has solved this particular mystery...?

I just tried this at work. Using a standard usb c to usb c cable..
Set the usb configuration in developer options to audio source
Turn off the M0
Attach usb c cable to phone and with the M0 set to dac in usb settings, plug in the M0.
If all goes well you’ll see the usb icon and bitrate .
Press play (I’m using google play music) and you should hear your music from the headphones plugged into your M0.

That’s my experience, ymmv.

Mine sounds way better than the built in hp out on my nexus 6p.

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #2,165 of 6,418
It's close, but there are differences in the filters available on the two devices. I marginally prefer the M0.

Not sure what you mean by "amp?". SQ could be all over the map depending on which external amp you connect. Both V30 and M0 drive the Hugo 2 nicely (that sounds great and is marginally more refined than either V30 or M0, but not very portable).

hey Is there a difference in amplifier? In bass?

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,167 of 6,418
Bought m0 and I am thrilled by the sound quality and how well its made! Although there are two (and I hope only) things that bother me.

Are there plans (or is it possible now, but I dont know how) to order songs / playlists like in, for example, foobar? Im interested in loading all my music, then sort it by artists, then by albums, then by song order and lastly alphabetically by song names. Its annoying for me to have playlists / directories sorted only by song names / tracks no resulting in mixing various artists.

Secondly - will recursively adding directories to playlist be possible?

Maybe I still dont know how to use this marvelous player :)

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #2,168 of 6,418
Having spent the day traveling with my new little friend M0 I realized several things.

1. When it comes to owning a DAP for traveling this wins hands down
2. Once I got all the settings they way I wanted the touchscreen became less of an annoyance since I use it less. I listen volume wise 50 to 55 so I set volume memory to 52 so I hardly have to mess with the volume wheel.
3. Now that it has burned in and I am use to the sound I really like the sound signature
4. Drives my headphones with ease so no external amp needed
5. Most importantly I spend 95% of the time just playing tracks either straight through or shuffling so I can live with the touchscreen quirks the other 5% of the time.

I don't think I will bother importing the A45 to try. I truly see this as a transitional DAP rather than something I will use long term. Once I see some more DAP's come out in the next year or so I will probably upgrade it.

So it looks like the M0 and me are a match if not a perfect couple!
Glad you like the M0 it does sound better than the A45 ...i prefer the bluetooth performance on the A45 though it has a stronger range

Jul 24, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #2,169 of 6,418
I no longer have any phones with a micro-USB output, but I have not been able to drive the M0 from UAPP on my V30. I've tried dozens of OTG USB-C-to-USB-C cables and adapters and nothing works. In each case, the handshake gets confused and weird things happen - like, the M0 ends up charging my phone :wink: Not a big deal for me, because my phone shares the same DAC chip as the M0, but I was just curious to see if it could be done. Apparently I'm missing something. I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has solved this particular mystery...?
Shanling had a c-c cable bundled with the M1 that worked

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #2,170 of 6,418
Glad you like the M0 it does sound better than the A45 ...i prefer the bluetooth performance on the A45 though it has a stronger range

Wow so you think the M0 sounds better than the A45, so glad I held off importing one. I haven't played with the bluetooth much but I did get the M0 to pair with Sony LDAC speakers and receiver so that makes me mucho happy!!. Range not an issue for me as I usually have the M0 close to my Sony gear.

If you don't mind me asking why do you think the M0 sounds better?

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #2,171 of 6,418
Hi all, this is my first dap so apologies if I ask any obvious questions. I would like to ask if anyone has had the problem that I have at the moment. I have imported songs from cd to the M0 which show the correct track order on the laptop in the M0 window but when I open the album on the M0 the tracks are not in order. I would like to ask if there is a way of preventing this or if the tracks can be organised on the M0 as I can’t find this setting on the M0. Many thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #2,172 of 6,418
What are users’ experience with .dsf and .dff files? Any stuttering issue due to the large file size of each song? Thanks.

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #2,173 of 6,418
I have imported songs from cd to the M0 which show the correct track order on the laptop in the M0 window but when I open the album on the M0 the tracks are not in order.

What software did you use for this? Are you sure your songs are tagged properly? Do they have tags at all? Do they have the right order when you access them through 'Folders' on the M0?

You will have to provide more details but it sound like you lack metadata. Use a program like mp3tag or many others to add tags to your music files.

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #2,174 of 6,418
What software did you use for this? Are you sure your songs are tagged properly? Do they have tags at all? Do they have the right order when you access them through 'Folders' on the M0?

You will have to provide more details but it sound like you lack metadata. Use a program like mp3tag or many others to add tags to your music files.
Ahh thanks for the info. I just copied from the cd to the M0.

Jul 25, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,175 of 6,418
Hi all, this is my first dap so apologies if I ask any obvious questions. I would like to ask if anyone has had the problem that I have at the moment. I have imported songs from cd to the M0 which show the correct track order on the laptop in the M0 window but when I open the album on the M0 the tracks are not in order. I would like to ask if there is a way of preventing this or if the tracks can be organised on the M0 as I can’t find this setting on the M0. Many thanks in advance.

This is a bug that Shanling know about and are working on sorting out.

I tend to use folder view as this plays in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back