Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #5,552 of 6,413
Our system is not build to manage library or playlist of 50 000 files.

Fair enough. It was worth a shot. I think indexing the library actually got to like 52,000+ or something before it gave up.

My solution will be to just have two separate playlists. A-U and V-Z (because like a third of my library is Various Artists compilations). That should cut each down to like 25,000+ songs and should probably work. And if not, I can just go smaller.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #5,553 of 6,413
Fair enough. It was worth a shot. I think indexing the library actually got to like 52,000+ or something before it gave up.

My solution will be to just have two separate playlists. A-U and V-Z (because like a third of my library is Various Artists compilations). That should cut each down to like 25,000+ songs and should probably work. And if not, I can just go smaller.

Playlists are actually operating in "Browser" mode, which doesn't have the file count limitations of the internal database. However, there could be a maximum size limit (either bytes or number of lines) for the Playlist parser.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #5,555 of 6,413
Makes sense. The aforementioned M3U8 playlist listed literally everything. But when you try to play anything, eh, not so much. Heh.

Can't wait to really give this player a spin. Have had a real busy week.

If you create a short Playlist, with just a few entries, does your M0 play the tracks?
That will tell you whether the paths in the Playlist are correct, pointing to the tracks on your memory card.

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #5,557 of 6,413
If you create a short Playlist, with just a few entries, does your M0 play the tracks?
That will tell you whether the paths in the Playlist are correct, pointing to the tracks on your memory card.

The M3U one that cuts off at like 3500 tracks or whatever works (and in shuffle). I'll try smaller M3U8 ones to test this and hopefully be able to shuffle (and play) songs in a playlist that is much bigger than 3500 songs.

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #5,558 of 6,413
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #5,559 of 6,413
little request ( sorry if it has been made before). Is it possible to have the play all function on the top level of an album that has 2, 3, 4cds? Many times i would love to have my device play all the cds without me needing to make a playlist of the entire disc set. At the moment i can only play one cd folder at a time.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #5,560 of 6,413
little request ( sorry if it has been made before). Is it possible to have the play all function on the top level of an album that has 2, 3, 4cds? Many times i would love to have my device play all the cds without me needing to make a playlist of the entire disc set. At the moment i can only play one cd folder at a time.

Use the folder playback mode and enable "folder skip" in the playback settings.
Playback will start in the next folder once last track in the current folder finishes.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #5,561 of 6,413
Really enjoying the experience with the M0 so far, it's my first actual DAP after having older MP3 players. Really like having a physical rotating volume dial as well. So far, playing MP3 and FLAC out of it has been flawless,, streaming from the phone with Spotify/Tidal is also really nice, I don't watch many videos, so my main concern was the audio quality, since i've never used LDAC before, and it exceeds my expectations as of now. Looking foward to putting it more through it's paces, but it's perfectly portable for me, exactly what i wanted.
If anything, on 3.1, i wished i could send commands to my smartphone using the double and triple clicks, but I know this has been discussed, and hope Shanling will put out another great update soon.

iwuJvNbl.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #5,565 of 6,413
Also SanDIsk Ultra but 128GB. Woks fine.
Sandisk Extreme 400GB working great here.

I filled my Samsung EVO 256GB right up so had to upgrade. You don't have to use an 'Extreme' but it was on offer at a great price so why not.

Main thing is to buy from a reputable retailer. I always buy from Amazon (the company, not the marketplace).

With SD Cards, if it looks to good to be true then it most likely is. Avoid 'bedroom cowboys' as they are going to be reprogrammed rejects and will give a much lower capacity than stated (if they work at all). Good brands that I have used include Samsung, Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, Integral...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back