Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 2, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,651 of 6,418
Have you considered the new Campfire Audio's Comet? They're $200 and get high praises. I did not have the chance to audition them, yet. MMCX connector - check.
I have been playing with the Lyra II in the last few days, and it sounds great, but way more $$... Also looking for something to be used for wireless with M0 and/or R3...

Yeah I would like to check the Comet out, but I’m afraid they’re going to hurt my ears since they have a wide nozzle and are made of metal. So I’d like to buy them from a place with an easy return policy- like amazon.

And the Sony dongle is pretty expensive on its own. You’re talking over 400 dollars for both comet and Sony receiver. I was thinking there might be some decent Bluetooth iems that had the Bluetooth built in.

Not a huge deal, I can always go wired and I have Bluetooth full size cans, but of course I’m not going to use them mowing the lawn :wink:.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,655 of 6,418
Hey, I´m a happy owner of a Shanling M0. I use it it mainly for sports and sometimes also for listening ( I also own a Shanling M3s with Fiio F9 Pro for relaxation). Currently I own a set of TaoTronics In ear headphones for running.
I am looking for some wireless over ear Headphones in the price range of 200€ - 300€.
I found these:
Sony WH-1000XM2
Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless
I´m also searching for new wireless sport earbuds at around 50€.

Can anyone recommend one of these?

Thanks. :D

Look at Focuspower F8 wireless earbuds.
AIAIAI TM-2 for over ears, wireless/wired.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,656 of 6,418
Can this device be used as a bluetooth dac, from a smartphone as the audio source? And if so, can it use LDAC as the codec, or is it limited to sbc?

Yes, I’m usiing it as a DAC from my phone. You can use LDAC from an Android phone running Oreo. iPhones are limited to SBC or AAC, if I remember correctly.

You may need to set the Bluetooth settings in developer options.

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,657 of 6,418
Yeah I would like to check the Comet out, but I’m afraid they’re going to hurt my ears since they have a wide nozzle and are made of metal. So I’d like to buy them from a place with an easy return policy- like amazon.

And the Sony dongle is pretty expensive on its own. You’re talking over 400 dollars for both comet and Sony receiver. I was thinking there might be some decent Bluetooth iems that had the Bluetooth built in.

Not a huge deal, I can always go wired and I have Bluetooth full size cans, but of course I’m not going to use them mowing the lawn :wink:.

Hawaiibadboy recommends the Comet/Meeaudio BTX1 Bluetooth wireless universal mmcx adapter cable combo with the R3 if that's any use. Seeing as you already have the m0 just get the comet and the btx1?

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #1,658 of 6,418
Hawaiibadboy recommends the Comet/Meeaudio BTX1 Bluetooth wireless universal mmcx adapter cable combo with the R3 if that's any use. Seeing as you already have the m0 just get the comet and the btx1?

Good idea, I might check it out. As long as I can easily return the comet. Only a few iems are tolerable to my ears.

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #1,659 of 6,418
I have to say Goody you are right about the M0 sounding better than the R3. I scarcely believe it myself but it has better dynamics, and a fuller sound stage and more refined treble and sounds open but fuller than R3.

Instrument separation and layering seem to be a bit better also. I’m really flabbergasted by the sound quality. Some pics later.

Only thing I have a quip with is how damn fast the thing scrolls through artists.

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #1,660 of 6,418
I have to say Goody you are right about the M0 sounding better than the R3. I scarcely believe it myself but it has better dynamics, and a fuller sound stage and more refined treble and sounds open but fuller than R3.

Instrument separation and layering seem to be a bit better also. I’m really flabbergasted by the sound quality. Some pics later.

Only thing I have a quip with is how damn fast the thing scrolls through artists.
i told ya abitdeef my ears couldn't believe it too ...for the price i was surprised the treble just sounds so sweet and it goes loud as well it drives my beyerdynaimic DT770 80hm comfortably ..it is a very good dap

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,661 of 6,418
i told ya abitdeef my ears couldn't believe it too ...for the price i was surprised the treble just sounds so sweet and it goes loud as well it drives my beyerdynaimic DT770 80hm comfortably ..it is a very good dap

Lol Something this small and inexpensive shouldn’t sound so good! It’s a very refined and detailed sound with great dynamics and a natural/musical timbre.

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,665 of 6,418
Just got in my first wireless headphone (trade for a JDS Labs EL DAC I didn't want) and it is working well with the M0: a B&O H7...

i-RHQM2wW-X4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back