Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 2, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #1,636 of 6,418
I think my M0 occasionally freezing and the menu going into auto-pilot are linked to the microSD card. I fear the Shanling M0 has issues with read speeds.

I am using a SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC Class 10. I can confirm the 100 MB/s read speed via Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. Fully loaded it still manages > 50 MB/s in a stress test. BUT when I insert it into the Shanling M0 and use the USB storage mode, speed drops down to 10-15 MB/s and sometimes lose the connection altogether ("not correctly removed").

The card is formatted in exFat, the macOS Disk Utility says that everything is in fine order. Mounting it normally in the iMac's card slot everything is fine, only if I use the included USB C cable errors occur and obviously the M0 has problems with the speed.

Could anybody kindly perform the Blackmagic stress test on his M0 with USB mode via cable and share the results? I will try to get my hands on a smaller microSD and try if the read speed improves.

The M0 is probably USB 2.0 so speeds will be slower.
If you want to transfer music transfer it direct to the SD card via your mac.

The speeds will be the similar with all types of cards.

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #1,637 of 6,418
20180702_102636.jpg new toy arrived where do i put the new firmware in the root file ?

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #1,639 of 6,418
Hey, I´m a happy owner of a Shanling M0. I use it it mainly for sports and sometimes also for listening ( I also own a Shanling M3s with Fiio F9 Pro for relaxation). Currently I own a set of TaoTronics In ear headphones for running.
I am looking for some wireless over ear Headphones in the price range of 200€ - 300€.
I found these:
Sony WH-1000XM2
Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless
I´m also searching for new wireless sport earbuds at around 50€.

Can anyone recommend one of these?

Thanks. :D

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #1,640 of 6,418
Hey, I´m a happy owner of a Shanling M0. I use it it mainly for sports and sometimes also for listening ( I also own a Shanling M3s with Fiio F9 Pro for relaxation). Currently I own a set of TaoTronics In ear headphones for running.
I am looking for some wireless over ear Headphones in the price range of 200€ - 300€.
I found these:
Sony WH-1000XM2

Im using wh-1000xm2 and they sound great. There are plenty reviews that state these are the best sounding headphones on a market, maybe not as comfortable as bose qc35 II, but sounds better. But i wouldnt concider 1000xm2 for sports , they are still bit heavy for that. You might want to look at Blackbeat fit 500 , jaybird x3 ,Monster iSport Freedom 2. For myself , i would love to know how rbh h2 sounds like. Theres a thread , but no one could tell me hows the sound quality compare to something else

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,641 of 6,418
I found these:
Sony WH-1000XM2

Don't have experience with Sony, but these should support LDAC which is a plus. I'm using Momentum 2 wireless and happy with it, and ANC is not bad at all (not as good as Bose, but still decent).

shanling_m0-01.jpg

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,642 of 6,418
oh my this little thing sounds good ....dare i say this sounds better than the R3 ...for the price i am blown away

You’re not the first one to say that, even if it sounds just as good that would be quite the feat considering it’s diminutive size. I should be getting mine later today and I will compare it to R3 right away :)

Hey goody what colour M0 did you get?

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #1,643 of 6,418
Can someone recommend a nice set of wireless iems, The smaller the better. Or should I just buy the $$$ Sony LDAC Bluetooth transmitter and use my own iems?

I’m not going to wear full size cans outside.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #1,645 of 6,418
You’re not the first one to say that, even if it sounds just as good that would be quite the feat considering it’s diminutive size. I should be getting mine later today and I will compare it to R3 right away :)

i got titanium with brown leather case and also got a clip case as well...the sound quality just made me smile no splashy treble ..nice bass and a nice soundstage to it ..immediately impressed

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,647 of 6,418
20180702_150640.jpg 20180702_150654.jpg

i will let you have a listen and tell me the difference between M0 and R3 .... my ears are liking this sound ...i like the treble on the MO it gives it a nice soundstage .. 20180702_144831.jpg 20180702_145007.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #1,648 of 6,418
Can someone recommend a nice set of wireless iems, The smaller the better. Or should I just buy the $$$ Sony LDAC Bluetooth transmitter and use my own iems?

I’m not going to wear full size cans outside.

That Sony LDAC receiver necklace/cable has only mmcx connection, so keep in mind you won't be able to use other more common 2pin iems.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,649 of 6,418
That Sony LDAC receiver necklace/cable has only mmcx connection, so keep in mind you won't be able to use other more common 2pin iems.

Yep mmcx is what I need. Still don’t know if I want to use 900 dollar iems for semi active use. I’ll just have to do some looking for Bluetooth iems. Oh and yes my bad, reciever, not transmitter.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,650 of 6,418
Yep mmcx is what I need. Still don’t know if I want to use 900 dollar iems for semi active use. I’ll just have to do some looking for Bluetooth iems. Oh and yes my bad, reciever, not transmitter.
Have you considered the new Campfire Audio's Comet? They're $200 and get high praises. I did not have the chance to audition them, yet. MMCX connector - check.
I have been playing with the Lyra II in the last few days, and it sounds great, but way more $$... Also looking for something to be used for wireless with M0 and/or R3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back