Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Feb 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #4,756 of 6,413
I just got my M0 and I love the size and look of it, but I'm having an issue with the volume. When I switch the M0 to Line Out and hook it up to my RHA Dacamp L1, I can barely hear it. I have to max out the volume knob on my dacamp and switch it to Hi gain mode, and even then it's not very loud. I've tried turning off LO and switching to HO and turning the volume up to 100, but it's the same. I've also tried turning the M0 to Hi gain, and still no help. I can hook them up via USB out, but then the battery drains quite quickly on it. Any advice?

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #4,757 of 6,413
Not sure if this will work but do you not have to turn the volume up on the m0 to max and then use the volume of the dac amp to listen to the volume you want to?

Feb 27, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #4,759 of 6,413
I just got my M0 and I love the size and look of it, but I'm having an issue with the volume. When I switch the M0 to Line Out and hook it up to my RHA Dacamp L1, I can barely hear it. I have to max out the volume knob on my dacamp and switch it to Hi gain mode, and even then it's not very loud. I've tried turning off LO and switching to HO and turning the volume up to 100, but it's the same. I've also tried turning the M0 to Hi gain, and still no help. I can hook them up via USB out, but then the battery drains quite quickly on it. Any advice?

Can you try it with some cheap pair of earphones, when you turn M0 to 100, it's extremely loud? Just checking if everything is alright with amp part of SoC.

Otherwise, M0 at LO mode do levels that are comparable to out LO of DACs/DAPs. Does your RHA work without problem with other analog sources?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 27, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #4,760 of 6,413
Can you try it with some cheap pair of earphones, when you turn M0 to 100, it's extremely loud? Just checking if everything is alright with amp part of SoC.

Otherwise, M0 at LO mode do levels that are comparable to out LO of DACs/DAPs. Does your RHA work without problem with other analog sources?
I think I found the problem. I tried a cheap pair of headphones using the 1\8 Jack instead of the balanced output of the rha. Volume levels are fine there. Looks like the problem is with combining the line in and balanced out of the dacamp. So it looks like there are no problems with my m0 at all, thank goodness.

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #4,761 of 6,413
For $100, I've been pretty happy with my M0. One of the better portable player interfaces I've seen overall, especially given the constraints on the size/lack of buttons.

With that being said, I often find that the battery is dead when I need it due to the unit accidentally turning on when I don't want it to (ex bouncing around in a small/separate compartment of bag, in pockets, etc). This is regardless of if I put the unit to sleep (hold down side button for a while) or I just turn the screen off (tap side button).

Has anyone come up with a solution for this (or is there a setting I don't know about somewhere that may help).

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #4,762 of 6,413
I have the same issue, I love my M0 but it gets turned on and off too easily in my pocket. I find if I wrap the headphone cable around it next to the button it can help prevent it from being accidentally pressed, but that's not much of a solution.

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #4,763 of 6,413
For $100, I've been pretty happy with my M0. One of the better portable player interfaces I've seen overall, especially given the constraints on the size/lack of buttons.

With that being said, I often find that the battery is dead when I need it due to the unit accidentally turning on when I don't want it to (ex bouncing around in a small/separate compartment of bag, in pockets, etc). This is regardless of if I put the unit to sleep (hold down side button for a while) or I just turn the screen off (tap side button).

Has anyone come up with a solution for this (or is there a setting I don't know about somewhere that may help).

Wow I have had my M0 for over 7 months and commute with it every day and it has never turned on its own inside my pocket, maybe your pants are to tight. :) If you have the clip case maybe try to clip it to the inside of your pocket so is doesn't move around as much. I find using the clip case it never turns on its own for me in my pocket.

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #4,764 of 6,413
So my new M6 that was suppose to replace my M0 got destroyed in transit so it looks like my M0 and I will be together awhile longer.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #4,768 of 6,413
Seems no replay gain in the new version :
M0
Updateable version
M0 V2.4 Firmware file driver M0 instruction manual
Version: M0 2.4
File size: 37.1MB
Release time: 2019-3-1
Developer: ShanLing
download

Note: M0 upgrade method: copy the downloaded firmware to the TF card, enter from the “Technical Support” of M0, click “Firmware Upgrade” and select the corresponding firmware to upgrade.

add feature
1. Increase the USB AUDIO output volume option;
2. Optimized in the album, the CUE format is sorted by track number;
3. Optimize the M3u format display;
4. The optimized playlists are sorted and displayed in the order of addition;

Repair function
1. Fix a bug in playing some songs;
2. Optimize occasional crashes during long-term playback;
3. Optimize Bluetooth compatibility;
4. Other bugs;

System update method
Go to the Shanling official website product page to download the latest firmware update.bin.
Make sure the player is fully charged, unzip the zip file, and put the update.bin upgrade file in the zip file into the TF card.
In the system settings, select the system upgrade. After the upgrade is complete, the system automatically restarts and the upgrade is complete.
If the card is pulled out during the upgrade process, the machine will display the words insert TF Pls. At this point, you only need to reinsert the card to continue the upgrade.
If you choose not to find the upgrade file after the system upgrade, please check whether the compressed package is extracted, whether the upgrade file is placed in the root directory, or whether the upgrade file is damaged during the transfer process. The upgrade file update.bin must be placed in the root directory of the memory card. If the upgrade file is damaged during the transfer, please re-import the upgrade file into the memory card.

historic version
M0 V1.5 Firmware file.zip
M0 V2.0 Firmware file.zip
M0 V2.1 Firmware file.zip

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back