Shanling H7 - High-End Portable DAC/AMP/Player, Featuring new AKM AK4499EX Flagship DAC
May 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #827 of 1,116
Hi @Shanling! You have a great product, but unfortunately the software has some problems and shortcomings. I use my Shanling H7 with iOS and there is still no search in the eddict player, the battery charge of the device is not displayed in the addict player, I would like to see support for online streaming of Qobuz (at the moment there is only Tidal and Spotify). It also remains a problem to display album covers from the SD card. Please pass this on to your developers and this product will become even better.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #828 of 1,116
The transition of the Shanling H7 to the new Murata 3000mah batteries has been completed. At the same time, he measured consumption, it was interesting how much he consumes. Not much (16mA), so a high-current battery does not give much in this regard. But the nice thing is that it can easily give more than 20 amps. By the way, exactly the same Murata batteries are in the AMP Cayin C9. Only there they are made into a cartridge and get \ change without problems if necessary.

What has changed: it seemed that it became a little faster to turn on and activate into standby mode. I don't think it seemed. Heating has clearly improved. Before that, I would not say that I was very hot, but it warmed up noticeably, it was noticeably warm. It's room temperature now, barely warm an hour later. It's hard to say by the sound yet, maybe everything is the same, or maybe not, but there is a feeling that the clarity of the sound has changed a little, the sound has become a little clearer.

There are also interesting batteries that work stably at low temperatures (Molicel) -40 degrees Celsius, so it is quite possible to replace them. But the volume would like 3k or a little more than 3k. By the way, Cayin C9 officially states that after replacing the batteries, the sound changes.

I'm still testing the charge\discharge. I will complete the message. I expect more stable and smooth discharge from more expensive batteries. The discharge will decrease gradually, respectively, there will be either the same operating time or perhaps even a little more. We'll see.

PS: When you push it back, do not forget to connect the antenna cable and at the end there are spring-loaded pins to close the H7 to the end, you need to press them all with a plastic card and push the H7 into the housing instead. If you don't press them, they won't let you push H7 back. I don't know why this was done apparently to keep the H7 in a metal case, but for me it's superfluous.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #830 of 1,116
Interesting thing is, you think Murata makes better lipo battery nowadays...
Li-on :) any lion 18650 is suitable. You can also choose others. The main thing is that they would be original. There are a lot of fakes. You can not change anything, but after 1.5-2 years of daily use, if you do not sell the H7, you will have to do it. I did it now because it was interesting. I got what I wanted.

May 11, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #831 of 1,116
Hi @Shanling! You have a great product, but unfortunately the software has some problems and shortcomings. I use my Shanling H7 with iOS and there is still no search in the eddict player, the battery charge of the device is not displayed in the addict player, I would like to see support for online streaming of Qobuz (at the moment there is only Tidal and Spotify). It also remains a problem to display album covers from the SD card. Please pass this on to your developers and this product will become even better.

Search functions is now releasing for Android version, it should be coming for iOS soon.

For battery indicator, last info I got was that there was some issue with iOS system and software team is trying to fix it.

On iOS there is no reason to use the streaming apps within Eddict player app, just use the apps directly.
Overall the implementation of streaming apps in Eddict player is very limited (When we compare it to something like UAPP) and we do not expect to be adding much anymore.

Due to slow connection of Bluetooth, we do not plan for H7 to be transmitting all the album covers to the app.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 12, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #832 of 1,116
Due to slow connection of Bluetooth, we do not plan for H7 to be transmitting all the album covers to the app.
Is it possible to come up with something on this topic? I think everyone will agree with a slightly longer loading of tracks to load all the covers. Especially since it is done once? There is another suggestion. You can ask the developers to add an item to the Eddict Player settings so that by activating it, we can download all the covers at once. I am ready to wait both 10 and 30 minutes (depends on the number of tracks), the main thing is that all the covers are loaded and saved when you re-enter. It's really sad without covers...

May 12, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #833 of 1,116
Hi @Shanling.

I just bought the H7 and I have two questions for you:

1. Does the H7 works like an Amp only mode? (To connect to a external Dac)

2. What is the default SD Card format supported by the H7? Fat32?

3. Anyway do add a feature on the app to customize the buttons functions? I would prefer Media Control to be just on button (Play/Pause, Next Track, Last Treck) and leave the Menu and volume on a another button.

May 13, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #835 of 1,116
Search functions is now releasing for Android version, it should be coming for iOS soon.

For battery indicator, last info I got was that there was some issue with iOS system and software team is trying to fix it.

On iOS there is no reason to use the streaming apps within Eddict player app, just use the apps directly.
Overall the implementation of streaming apps in Eddict player is very limited (When we compare it to something like UAPP) and we do not expect to be adding much anymore.

Interested in the search function on the SD card. If you play music that is in the phone's memory, then the search is present. I support the idea with album covers on the SD card. If this slows down the playback speed of tracks, then give users the opportunity to disable this feature and everyone will be happy.

May 13, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #836 of 1,116

Due to slow connectit on of Bluetooth, we do not plan for H7 to be transmitting all the album covers to the app.
Is the search function available now? I tried after updating the eddict player app, and it seems it's not working yet.

May 14, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #837 of 1,116
Hi @Shanling.

I just bought the H7 and I have two questions for you:

1. Does the H7 works like an Amp only mode? (To connect to a external Dac)

2. What is the default SD Card format supported by the H7? Fat32?

3. Anyway do add a feature on the app to customize the buttons functions? I would prefer Media Control to be just on button (Play/Pause, Next Track, Last Treck) and leave the Menu and volume on a another button.

1. There is no analog input on H7

2. We sue Exfat on our cards

3. Not possible.

Interested in the search function on the SD card. If you play music that is in the phone's memory, then the search is present. I support the idea with album covers on the SD card. If this slows down the playback speed of tracks, then give users the opportunity to disable this feature and everyone will be happy.

Search function for SyncLink is coming in next app version for Android.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 16, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #840 of 1,116
Hello all,

It really felt nice reading great reviews about the Shanling H7. From the inputs here, I assume that H7 will be a better device than Gryphon and Mojo2 - let me know if this is wrong. Is there any comparison I can make with the Earmen Angel? My local dealer is selling both, and I want to get an idea of how these two compare in terms of sound quality. Which of these resolves better and does not compromise the sound stage? Any input will be amazing.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back