SF Bay Area mini-meet
Apr 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #46 of 94
Well, I had a lot of help with the last one. I hope I'll have more time to prepare for this one, but... I think I still need help sourcing a place.

And yeah, I meant Vali. Sorry! Not sure what caused me to write Modi.

@CEE TEE: Hope you can make it. I have a very special headphone that I would love for you to listen to. 
beerchug.gif

@Vansen: glad to have you onboard! Also would like to have your opinion on the special headphone!

And... first post updated!

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #51 of 94
Well, if you check the first post, we now have a place thanks to particleman14. You can choose between Millbrae and Los Gatos.

Los Gatos would be perfect for me since I'm very close by. I'd guess that it would also be more convenient for CEE TEE.

How about you guys?

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #54 of 94
I can bring a Meridian Explorer, which might be an interesting comparison against the Sony PHA-1 and the other modern USB based DACs.  I really should dig up my old Headroom Overture, which was the first battery powered, portable DAC, which should make for an even more interesting comparison against the newer stuff...

Anyway, I'm 100% indifferent between Los Gatos and Millbrae, as I'm kind of in the middle of both.  Unless there are more than one or two people coming from East Bay or SF, we should do Los Gatos.  I'm flexible on date, though I prefer sooner rather than later.  Someone (particleman14? Bill-P?) should just suggest a date and we can see who can make it or not.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #55 of 94
@Vansen: I would love to check the Pico Slim out! We can also do a comparison at the meet.

@jjcha: That sounds great! I would love to check them out. Man, some of the older gears are seriously good. I was using an integrated amplifier on a vintage receiver to drive my ATH-W1000X when I still owned them.

Let's shoot for one of the upcoming weekends. So I'm thinking... either Saturday or Sunday of the next 3 weekends... also counting this one.

Namely:
April 26/27
May 3/4
May 10/11

As an aside, this is a personal request of mine, but I would love to hear the rest of the Audio Tehnica woodies... so if you guys just happen to have any of those Audio Technica headphones lying around (W1000X, W3000ANV, W5000, etc...), I'd love to hear them at the meet.

That is... if you don't mind lugging them along. 
redface.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #56 of 94
Might be a logistical challenge for me (coming from the East Bay with no car and the Stax are fairly cumbersome to haul), though I suppose BART would make Millbrae more immediately accessible.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #57 of 94
  @Vansen: I would love to check the Pico Slim out! We can also do a comparison at the meet.

@jjcha: That sounds great! I would love to check them out. Man, some of the older gears are seriously good. I was using an integrated amplifier on a vintage receiver to drive my ATH-W1000X when I still owned them.

Let's shoot for one of the upcoming weekends. So I'm thinking... either Saturday or Sunday of the next 3 weekends... also counting this one.

Namely:
April 26/27
May 3/4
May 10/11

As an aside, this is a personal request of mine, but I would love to hear the rest of the Audio Tehnica woodies... so if you guys just happen to have any of those Audio Technica headphones lying around (W1000X, W3000ANV, W5000, etc...), I'd love to hear them at the meet.

That is... if you don't mind lugging them along. 
redface.gif

This Saturday April 27th would be best for me, but I can do 28th or 3/4. Any later dates are impossible for me. You remember the bass from my vintage Concept 4.5 amp? It didn't sound very transparent, was kind of a warm amp, but insane amounts of bass. You should hear it now with my latest acquisition: ADS L1230 Studio Monitors, they rattle the windows with their two 8" woofers and the sound is amazingly sublime.
Might be a logistical challenge for me (coming from the East Bay with no car and the Stax are fairly cumbersome to haul), though I suppose BART would make Millbrae more immediately accessible.

I live in Walnut Creek, if you're close by, I could give you a ride?

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #58 of 94
  Alrighty! It seems we have enough interest in this now, so let's make it happen!

Hi Bill,

I probably won't attend, but if anyone is interested in hearing the V-MODA M-100 and XS you can add them to the list if you don't mind stopping by to pick them up.  Send me a PM for directions if needed.  Have a good meet!

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #59 of 94
Thanks for putting it together, Bill-P and particleman14.  I can do May 3 and 10.

I can take the Svetlana 2, W3000 and Sony MA900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back