SF Bay Area mini-meet
Mar 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

Bill-P

Headphoneus Supremus
Alrighty! It seems we have enough interest in this now, so let's make it happen!

Location and time: (TBD)
Thanks to @particleman14 for allowing us space at his place.

The meet will happen at 11AM on Sunday, May 4th, 2014.

I will send the address to all attendees via private messages since it is a matter of privacy for our host.

Current list of attendees: (12 + 1 possible)
Bill-P
baronkatz
CEE TEE
3X0
walfredo
jjcha
rptlead
jonahsfo
Vansen
particleman14
mattering
F14sharky
averageaudio

Current list of gears:

Headphone:
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9
Audio Technica ATH-ES10 original
Audio Technica ATH-ES10 modded w/ wood enclosure
Audio Technica ATH-W10VTG
Audio Technica ATH-W1000 modded w/ more bass
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 32 Ohm Limited Edition
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm
Denon D950
Focal Spirit Pro
HifiMan HE-400
HifiMan HE-500
Sennheiser HD595
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD800
Shure SRH1540
Sony MDR-7506
Stax SR-Omega
Westone 4R

Source gears:
Bottlehead Crack
Emotiva Mini-X
Emotiva DC-1
Geek Out 720
Geek Out 1000
HeadAmp Pico Slim
iFi iCan
iFi iDSD
Leckerton Audio UHA-760
Madcap Premium Amplifier
RWA iMod
Schiit Bifrost
Schiit Lyr
Schiit Magni
Schiit Vali
Sony PHA-1
Stax SRM-323S
Superlux HA-3D
Svetlana 2

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 94
I should be bringing:

Audio Technica ESW9 and ES10
Beyerdynamic T770Pro 32Ohm Limited Edition (To be sold or traded if still available by then) - Basically the same but non-modded version of what Bill-P is bringing.
Denon D950
Ultrasone Edition 8 (To be sold or traded if still available by then)

What I want to hear if people cold bring it:

Audio Technica ESW10, ESW11, W1000X
Audeze LCD-XC
Beyerdynamic T5P and T880 Premium
Ultrasone Signature Pro and DJ, Edition 7 and 9

iQube if anyone has one? Maybe the V-Moda portable DAC/Amp - Schiit Valhalla and Lyr and Vali would be nice.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 94
^^Bill now has Crack (totally stock), Vali, Magni, HD600, HD595.  Hopefully you can get the mini-meet rolling!

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 94
  ^^Bill now has Crack (totally stock), Vali, Magni, HD600, HD595.  Hopefully you can get the mini-meet rolling!

Thanks for letting him borrow all those. I have wanted to test the Vali out for a while as I love tube amps and can't afford a Lyr or Valhalla at the moment... I hope we can organize a good mini meet!

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 94
Has this happened yet, folks?

I'd love to join.  I got a Svetlana 2 and it works really well with ATH woodies.  Maybe it would match well BillP's super-duper-modded W1000? :)

[]s
Walfredo

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 94
I was able to meet with Baronkatz briefly, but I'm still keeping this going.

I'd love to meet people and start getting feedbacks because those are important for me to continue tuning my headphones. My ears are not the most reliable after all.

After every meet, my modded gears keep improving... as I try to take comments into account, and also because I get to hear new things, so it's all a very valuable experience for me.

So let's make this happen!!

Glad to have you on board with us, Walfredo!

Please bring your original W1000 as well. I would love to do a comparison versus stock.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 94
Looks like a great amp Walfredo. I really want to get more people involved in this as I really want to try some other headphones I am thinking of buying. Specifically: Stock and Modified Beyer T5P, Ultrasone Signature Pro and DJ (and maybe the Edition 7 and 9). DT880Pro, JVC DX1000, AT L3000 and A2000X, as well as some Schiit Amps, iQube, and a bunch of other things... It always seems like everything I want to try, no one has. I also wanted to check out the Audio Technica L3000 headphones...

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 94
If this happens I'd be interested in joining.  Since you guys look to be audio-technica woodie fans I'd bring my W10VTG.  I still strongly prefer this over the W1000 and its brethren, though it is admittedly not as good of a headphone.  Sorry no L3000 in the house.  Can bring some other oddities like the Qualia 010 and a Stax SR-X Mk. III which people always seem to love. 

If someone has an original Stax Omega I'd be very interested in listening to it.  It's one of the few cans I haven't spent any time with.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 94
  If this happens I'd be interested in joining.  Since you guys look to be audio-technica woodie fans I'd bring my W10VTG.  I still strongly prefer this over the W1000 and its brethren, though it is admittedly not as good of a headphone.  Sorry no L3000 in the house.  Can bring some other oddities like the Qualia 010 and a Stax SR-X Mk. III which people always seem to love. 

If someone has an original Stax Omega I'd be very interested in listening to it.  It's one of the few cans I haven't spent any time with.

Best,

-Jason

I would love to hear the W10VTG and the Qualia 010 is one of the ones I have been looking at as well. There's a STAX guy who was at the last meet, he had half a dozen or so STAX and maybe has an Omega as well... Maybe he can join us?

I'll be bringing my Edition 8s, it would be nice to compare to the Qualia! Thank you!

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 94
a noob audiophile wannabee here from Foster city, guys, also interested in a meet, i have very limited gear and almost no modding experience yet. My sig/profile pretty much sums up what I can bring if I have to.  Maybe I can bring my full ifi stack seeing that no one listed them above. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 94
^Noob?!!?  Heckuva sig for a noob.  Stuff will happen in the Bay Area.  We need someone with a good space for mini-meets. 
ph34r.gif

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #15 of 94
  ^Noob?!!?  Heckuva sig for a noob.  Stuff will happen in the Bay Area.  We need someone with a good space for mini-meets. 
ph34r.gif

haha. ok, didnt want it to come off like that. :D i'm not so new to this hobby, but im very much a noob when it comes to technical or critical listening or whatchamacallit. I just try to save up for and buy, and keep  gear i think i enjoy listening to. And i find it hard to explain to other people in words why i like this and that and why I spend this much (or this less) on gear. So a lot to learn from you guys really, and also been struggling to find places in the bay area where i can audition cans or amps or iems before I buy them. the ifi was a gamble. Any secret place in the bay area for that? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back