SF Bay Area mini-meet
May 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #93 of 94
  ^How does the HD600 sound out of it?  I have heard the HD600 sound amazing out of a McIntosh amp.  Happened to be 200ohm output impedance.  HD600's have BASS.

Okay, I grabbed the Geek Out 100.  Also a pair of Enigmas minus the comfort band.  (Thanks zerodee!)

So we'll have Geek Out 1000, 450, 100.  Can see if anyone else is hearing them the same way that I am.  Haven't fired up the 100...yet.

Oh boy... BASS indeed.

The McIntosh just makes everything sound "big". I'm not even sure how to describe it, but... it makes all of my other source gears (including the PHA-1) sound like radios from the 70's, but all the while retaining an overall warm and slightly dark sound.

Ah well, I'll lug it along after all. You can hear it for yourself!

And I've found a temporary remedy (different drivers) for the DT770, so... I'll be bringing it along. Bass has been significantly reduced, but then that means it plays nice with the McIntosh.

Oh, I'm bringing (8) hamburger patties and (4) franks.  If someone can bring hamburger buns and hot dog buns, that would be great!

I'll drop by the market. Anyway... I'll set out now. Should be there in about an hour-ish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back