SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!)
Apr 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #242 of 302
Reply to the thread when it's first made :).

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #244 of 302
But really just have fun, and don't be a jerk.

Oops... Guess I'm out.

rolleyes.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #245 of 302
I got the ATH-M50x for my birthday, so I'll be bringing that too.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #246 of 302
  This meet scares me a bit... I know that I'm going to walk away probably wanting to purchase any/all of the following:
  1. Ether
  2. LCD-X or 3
  3. Cav - LGold/Glass
  4. Yggdrasil

And who knows what else...

This is going to be really bad for my bank accounts...

Sorry about your wallet. 
wink.gif

...On a separate note, having not been to one of these before, and bringing equipment, does anyone have any suggestions.  (or a link to suggestions).

For example
  1. I don't have enough headphone stands for all my headphones, so does it make sense to bring some sort of cloth to put down over the table for when people put stuff down...

If you want soft landing spots for your headphones, it wouldn't hurt to keep small cloths handy.

1. Is it good to have some sort of labels on various headphones etc?  At the very least sort of twist ties/tied on?...

Again, this is something that wouldn't hurt to do.

1. Should I plan on bringing a surge protector?...

If you're speaking more to the surge protection aspect, I'd recommend being as cautious as would make you comfortable to plug your stuff in. If you're speaking more to the outlet distribution aspect, power strips are usually helpful at meets.

1. I was thinking about bringing my MBP for a source, but I don't know if I can get it hooked up to all my outputs at the same time.  (I think that i can with a compound midi device.)...

I always run one output at a time from my Macs. Hopefully, someone else here can answer your question.

1. I'm assuming that it being a company, during non working hours, there shouldn't be too much trouble streaming tidal to various different computers at the same time...

Wikia is pretty sure there should be no problems for us, in terms of streaming TIDAL.

1. Should people try to bring some small alcohol wipes, for cases where one is trying IEM style headphones?

Thanks... looking forward to going.  This should be fun.

I'm going to bring a box of individually wrapped Audio Wipes for anyone at the meet to use. They're alcohol free, and they clean and disinfect. I've been using them on my IEMs (custom and universal-fit) for years. (I think they were originally intended for the the gentle cleaning/disinfecting of hearing aids.)

Yes, this should be fun, and I look forward to seeing you all there! I'm still not sure what I'm bringing.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #248 of 302
  I got the ATH-M50x for my birthday, so I'll be bringing that too.

Ooo... maybe I'll bring my original ATH-M50's to compare!

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #251 of 302
  Sorry if i'm completely naive, but what exactly goes down at these events? Is there like rules or expectations I should be aware of?

Good question!

I've posted the game plan in the first post, so please take the time to read it!

I'm going to bring a box of individually wrapped Audio Wipes for anyone at the meet to use. They're alcohol free, and they clean and disinfect. I've been using them on my IEMs (custom and universal-fit) for years. (I think they were originally intended for the the gentle cleaning/disinfecting of hearing aids.)

Yes, this should be fun, and I look forward to seeing you all there! I'm still not sure what I'm bringing.

Wow, I was thinking of what to bring for sanitizing IEMs.

Thanks, Jude!
beerchug.gif

And if you still have the Cavalli Liquid Carbon prototype by now, please bring it along. I have a modded LCD-2 that I'd totally love to try on Carbon!

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #253 of 302
Where is the cargo area? I will have an Yggy attached to a UPS among a few other amps, power supplies, and audiophile power cable of extremely thick girth.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #254 of 302
I also have to figure out how to get my UPS + Yggy into the building and setup without carrying it several blocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back