SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!)
May 1, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #275 of 302

There are two lots in front of our offices. There will be a SF Giants day game at 1:05 PM so early arrival is highly suggested to avoid high parking fees. There are also unmetered, nonresident parking behind our office (at Ritch and Zoe) but its first come availability. The surrounding streets are metered parking. I highly recommend taking BART and walking, if possible.

Are we cool using the smart phone app for our ticket?

Yep, e-tickets accepted! Don't forget your ID so we can verify your identity. Thanks!

May 1, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #277 of 302
Is there a good place to pull in to unload equipment?

Yes, indeed. In the back of our building is a driveway and a cargo area. If you need to unload, that's the area you would do so. We will be granting access to the cargo area for attendees from 8 - 9 AM to use and then again at 4 - 5 PM. Other access times are by request only. Folks who attempt to come through the building's front glass doors with large equipment will be turned away and directed to the cargo area by building security. Bill will post additional info in OP tomorrow. Thanks!

May 1, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #278 of 302
Yeah, I'm staying on top of all of that.

Registration is now officially closed, so I'm tallying a list of human beings to send to our host now. Please let me know if you're an alien, and you plan to infiltrate our little circle of hobbyists! I'm sure I can find a headphone or two in my collection that may reproduce up to ultrasonic frequencies for your listening pleasure. 
biggrin.gif

Also working on maps, instructions, timeline tables, etc... so those will be up soon. I have a big cup of coffee in front of me since I want to get all of this out ASAP.

May 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #280 of 302
  Does anyone have a balanced OPPO PM-1/PM-2 cable that I can borrow for the duration of the meet?

@jude, look me up.  I *may* be able to help, if I can find my SE cable for my PM-1.  I have a stock cable, shortened and terminated to mini XLR, then 3 adapters made out of the remaining cable for 1/4, 1/8 and 4 pin XLR in balanced configuration.  The whole cable is about 5' long with one of the ends.  I'm cool with running my PM-1 in SE if you need the balanced cable.

Also, one minor gear change -
@aamefford
Headphones:
Mr. Speakers' Alpha Prime
Oppo PM-1
Oppo PM-3

Sources:
Oppo HA-1
Oppo HA-2

Last note - depending on how much I like the Ether, any of the above (except the PM-3) may be for sale....  If you have interest, let me know.

EDIT - I thought an Ether would be at the meet, but checking the gear list, maybe not?

May 1, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #281 of 302

@jude, look me up.  I *may* be able to help, if I can find my SE cable for my PM-1.  I have a stock cable, shortened and terminated to mini XLR, then 3 adapters made out of the remaining cable for 1/4, 1/8 and 4 pin XLR in balanced configuration.  The whole cable is about 5' long with one of the ends.  I'm cool with running my PM-1 in SE if you need the balanced cable.

Also, one minor gear change -
@aamefford
Headphones:
Mr. Speakers' Alpha Prime
Oppo PM-1
Oppo PM-3

Sources:
Oppo HA-1
Oppo HA-2

Last note - depending on how much I like the Ether, any of the above (except the PM-3) may be for sale....  If you have interest, let me know.

EDIT - I thought an Ether would be at the meet, but checking the gear list, maybe not?

@aamefford, don't run your PM-1 single-ended on my account, especially if you have the HA-1 to drive it with.

As for the ETHER: I only had an hour of sleep, so I can't quite remember if I packed it or not, but I'm pretty sure I did. If I did, I only have a single-ended cable for it. When I get off this plane, I'll double-check and let you know whether or not I packed it.

May 1, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #282 of 302
If anyone has an AK100II, AK120II or AK240, I'll also be bringing an AKT5p.  Driven balanced from one of the aforementioned players, using the AKT5p EQ, it sounds pretty darned good!  
smile.gif

May 1, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #283 of 302
@aamefford
, don't run your PM-1 single-ended on my account, especially if you have the HA-1 to drive it with.

As for the ETHER: I only had an hour of sleep, so I can't quite remember if I packed it or not, but I'm pretty sure I did. If I did, I only have a single-ended cable for it. When I get off this plane, I'll double-check and let you know whether or not I packed it.

Cool. We can share cables as necessary. The for sale pitch was for all attendees, not you specifically. I reread that and it sounded weird. Travel safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back