SF Bay Area Meet on Sunday February 17, 2013 (the one which is really going to happen)
Jan 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #76 of 477
Quote:
Quote:
Because of the massive interest I'll be looking to expand this meet a little bit. I know I'll be getting some help from some of the regulars. Will know more by Weds Jan 9. Stay tuned for details.

I intend on showing up as well, I guess you missed my post in Interest Check thread. As most of the members here, I'll be happy to chip in to help cover the cost. Somebody brought up a question of having an audiologist / custom mold fitting for in-ear monitors on site. If there is interest, do you mind if I extend the invitation to Mike (Michael Pordes), the owner of Superior Sound Technology (www.superiorsoundtechnology.com)? He is a great guy who made an outstanding mold for me last year and I am pretty sure he would be happy to show up.

Thanks for taking the initiative and organizing the meet! I know how much time and effort it takes to make it happen.

I would GLADLY chip in for a audiologist.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #80 of 477
Sign me up please if there is still room open.  I can drive any of my gear and headphones with me if needed :).

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #82 of 477
I'm totally in. About time a date was put up!!!

I'll bring my Hd650, modded Dt1350's, C421 and maybe some cables if I have time to make them.

Edit: There may be a conflict with my birthday and Chinese new year. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #85 of 477
Quote:
I'd also like to have a table to demo my DIY gear. I have a few new arduino/audio things to show this time around :wink:

I got a quick look at your stuff at Burning Amp this year - LOTS of cool stuff - Assuming that linuxworks was you?  I didn't get a chance to stop and chat - half a dozen other folks beat me to it every time I came by!

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #86 of 477
yup, that was probably me. not too many other 'linux-works' guys out there. my current project (a one-pager) can be see at www.sercona.net I would be bringing that along, plus some other things I've been working on (latest is a modified behringer dcx-2496 that now has spdif-out via some wolfson i2s->spdif transceiver chips). I'm running discrete dacs for woofers and tweeters and its quite an upgrade, indeed.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #88 of 477
Craig is coming too???  Fantastic. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #89 of 477
A buddy of mine who has always been on the verge of plunging into head-fi would like to come if there is space.  He doesn't have any gear but based on some of the vendors showing up, he will probably be leaving with some.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #90 of 477
Frankly, been a little out of the game for a while... but I'd love to attend. Would be great to see you guys again!

I can bring the following: Sennheiser HD800 / Meier Audio StageDAC / Headamp GS-1

Cheers,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back