SF Bay Area Meet in Marin -- Saturday, October 18, 2008
Oct 4, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #31 of 60
I may be able to make it, depending on whether my gf will be in town or not. I should have a Pico/DAC by then, and maybe I'll have utep10's AD2000, if it's still available.
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #32 of 60
Sign me up tentatively. I've never been to a head-fi meet before, but I'm definitely interested in trying out some gear that people have here - buying things I'm curious about is costing me a fortune!

My gear that I can bring:
headphones: akg k702, stax srm-001 mk2, etymotic er4p
amp: arcam delta p290 (with phono and headphone stage), musical fidelity x-can v3
source: firestone audio usb fubar ii dac

Oct 8, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #33 of 60
Welcome kertong and atothehex, I've added you both as Maybe's. I hope to meet you.

Kertong, you have some interesting gear, and it is all welcome. I remember my first head-fi meet; we all have to start somewhere.

Oct 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #34 of 60
I have a conflict from about 12:00-4:00, which I cannot avoid, so I am hoping to be able to be there early and set up some stuff. I will probably be back after 4:00 but I am sure we can make this one last if Joann has enough brownie bites available.
tongue_smile.gif
Still curious why so many of the usual suspects are missing.
confused_face_2.gif

p.s. man, these smileys are creepy!

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #35 of 60
Was initially planning to go down to the LA meet, especially to hear Craig's new stuff but now it turns out I might have to stay in SF...in that case I'll be able to drop by. I'll try to confirm in next few days.

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #36 of 60
hope you can make it foo_me......

and we will take care of your things while you are on your break voltron....

Cheers,

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #37 of 60
Just a bump for the weekend. The meet is next weekend. That is 1 week to go!

Good news, the Boom is definite.
Al, we will keep your equipment warm, while you are out
wink.gif

800+ views, I have a feeling that we shall be hearing from a few of the usual suspects, or a few new lurkers. Maybe they are waiting until after the Blue Angels have finished?

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #39 of 60
Welcome Nankai.
We should be able to indulge in some listening at this meet, look forward to seeing and hearing what you have on offer.

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #40 of 60
Glad to hear you are going to make it Fang, but I hope you can bring the HeAudio Jade headphones with you too! We can certainly have a couple of electrostatic amps available to try them on. See you this weekend!

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #41 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cables:

Power Strips:

What?!?!? Nobody is bringing any cables and power strips that I can listen to?
confused.gif

What kind of sad excuse for a Head-Fi meet is this going to be?
frown.gif

Does that mean it will be all about the headphones, amps and sources? That, and the music? No cable shootouts? No really cool power strips with all kinds of flashing lights to compare? What about those people who want to get the last 1/10th of 1/10th of 1% out of their 5 minute auditions?

Don't even TRY to claim that your listening impressions will have any relevance!
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #43 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear you are going to make it Fang, but I hope you can bring the HeAudio Jade headphones with you too! We can certainly have a couple of electrostatic amps available to try them on. See you this weekend!

Unfortunately neither Heaudio Jade nor I will attend the meet. Jade is not ready yet. My friend Bing will bring EF1 hybrid amp, YUIN OKs and HEAD-DIRECT REs. Bing is a very nice guy and one of my best friend.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #44 of 60
Ah the vintage RS1's......

Well my Cary is not feeling well. So I will have to drop that off the list. So no 300B shootout. But the WA5 is doing good, so it is coming still..

I got my GS1000's back from JP#'s so they will be making it as well (and they will be for sale)... :)

Cheers,

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #45 of 60
foo_me, glad you could make it.
Welcome Bing, are the directions clear enough?
Mikeymad, thanks for the update, I've amended the meet equipment list.

Sorry we don't meet your exacting standards, Wmcmanus.
Thanks to a Costco run for the Marin meet, we'll just have to make do with
Bottled Water
Diet Cokes
Tortilla Strips
Pretzel Crisps
Organic Salsa
Fiesta Style Wholly Guacamole
Pico de Gallo
and not forgetting
sbbLarge_000153.jpg

sad indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif