SF Bay Area Meet in Marin -- Saturday, October 18, 2008
Sep 15, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to come but my wallet keeps telling me not to.

If I do come, I can bring AKG 240 Sextetts MP, Headsix, Livewires (seems kinda pointless to bring it,) and the fiio
biggrin.gif

You post on Head-Fi, yet you still listen to your wallet?
I think we can help you with that.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Does that make you a definite, or a maybe?

Either way, the more the merrier. Bringing the livewires may not be pointless, as it would let you listen to new sources/amps via something that you are familiar with, thus making it easier for you remove one variable from the listening experience.

I think other people would be interested in experiencing the fiio firsthand.

Let us know what you decide.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #17 of 60
Wow, is this going to just turn into a mini-meet?

Need to get some more of you guys in the Yes section, and add in the other ones in the area that are holding out....
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #18 of 60
Well with over 300+ views I'm guessing there are some lurkers who are undecided, or just afraid of commitment
smily_headphones1.gif

I've edited the first post to emphasize there is nothing provisional about this meet; It will take place at the announced time, date, location. How mini - or maxi - it is, is up to those who wish to take part.

I can break out the Hakko 936, if we want to engage in some DIY on the day.

I was intending to offer the meet as an "Headphone open house" for the diyaudio.com'ers in the in the area for Burning Amp, as I think there are some mutual interests. Obviously, the more we can show them, the better.

Other than reminding previous attendees and potential attendees that this meet exists don't know what more I could mention.

Known good network, with squeezecenter (currently 7.2) serving up lots (1TB?) of FLAC goodness?

Microwaved mini-brownie bites with Fairfax Scoop ice-cream?

IEM's from Can-Jam'08 as door prizes?

Bueller?, Bueller?, Anyone
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and the mrs. would like to come.

The missus (Joanne) and I, would love to have you.

Actually, Joanne has suggested, that if there are other halves, who, how can I put this, don't quite embrace our hobby with the same passion we do
wink.gif
, then they are also welcome, to possibly leave us to our own devices, while they and Joanne pursue alternate arrangements. Joanne suggested a trip to wine country, or the coast, perhaps.

Sep 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and the mrs. would like to come.

Will be good to see you again Bigguy.... I am sure we should be able to keep the noise does a bit at this meet to fit at least a little listening in.
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers,

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #24 of 60
Just a quick bump for the weekend, and to remind you that we are less than one month away from the meet.

How far does your planning horizon extend?

Look forward to hearing from you all, one way or the other.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #26 of 60
I would like to go.. I can bring anything in my signature
beerchug.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend.

Have fun guys, please post some pictures!

Sorry you won't be able to make it. Mill valley was so close...
Enjoy yourself in NYC. We'll try and have fun, and capture the evidence for those that couldn't make it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to go.. I can bring anything in my signature
beerchug.gif

Interesting collection of kit, there. Bring anything you feel comfortable with, and think we might enjoy.

If people want to make requests for gear they have seen in sigs, feel free to make your feelings known. Meets are great way to experience equipment in person, and discuss their merits with their owners.

In other news, 500+ views on this thread, so don't be shy people. speak up.
The LA Meet is gathering momentum, and Burning Amp has had some interesting developments.

What a great weekend to be in California.
beerchug.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put me down as a "maybe."

You are now a maybe.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #30 of 60
Grahame,

I've sold the Pico/DAC so I will not be bringing it. Good possibility that I'm going to sell the AT AD2000's as well. Anyone locally that wants to buy them, please PM me about them.

On the other hand, the OMZ I'm bringing has just gotten the v4.2 upgrade from Ori. I'll be interested on how this sounds compared to some of the other sources there.

I'd be also willing to bring my budget vinyl setup if someone else would be willing to bring another phono stage for comparison to my modest Adcom GFP-1 preamp. I'd like to hear how much of an improvement I might get from upgrading the phono stage. Meet conditions may make this difficult but I'd be willing to give this a shot.

I hope the "Boom" makes it to Marin. Sounds intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back