SF Bay Area Meet in Marin -- Saturday, October 14, 2006
Oct 10, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #91 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch
No offense to anyone's drumming skills (I haven't heard you), but I have just decided to add a pair of Peltor 105's to my equipment list.

roflmao.png

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #92 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
Also, in relation to the guitar setup - what might be interesting/cool would be to possibly have a pedalboard setup with the headphone out being used to listen to the guitar. That way, people can jam out and not bother anyone.
Neil

That was the intent, exactly.
I can supply, Hohner G3T - with a new set of strings - fresh this week, Zoom 505, + Korg A5 - Both the 505 + A5 have headphone outs - or can be chained together.

Hey, we have a new source!

plus - FZFan is getting a Transporter, and may be able to join us. Woot!

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #93 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
Hey, we have a new source!

plus - FZFan is getting a Transporter, and may be able to join us. Woot!

I asked Sleestack, who would have offered but his one Transporter is being modded and the other is on backorder. I hope FZFan can get his/hers in time!

Oct 10, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #94 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch
No offense to anyone's drumming skills (I haven't heard you), but I have just decided to add a pair of Peltor 105's to my equipment list.

LOL! Well regardless of skill, if it's loud... yeah I may be a drummer but I hate overly loud drums... In fact I'm a big fan of very quiet cymbals as well.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #95 of 149
I should have my Transporter by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. The issue is the spousal event calendar may not include an extracurricular side expedition on the 14th!

From Lodi no less and yes, I've heard the song...

The equipment list is quite impressive and I hope to see you all there...

Grahame,

Is that a Be-em-ve you are driving? Whatever it is, it sounds quite nice.

DSC09369.jpg

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #96 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FZfan
I should have my Transporter by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. The issue is the spousal event calendar may not include an extracurricular side expedition on the 14th!

From Lodi no less and yes, I've heard the song...

The equipment list is quite impressive and I hope to see you all there...

Grahame,

Is that a Be-em-ve you are driving? Whatever it is, it sounds quite nice.

FZFan, Welcome
Here's hoping that you aren't "stuck" on the 14th.
Your equipment list isn't too shabby either, and we hope to see you too.

The Car isn't a BMW, for those of you who don't know, I'll keep you (all) guessing 'till the 14th
evil_smiley.gif

Not a bad start, for a first-time poster. My first post was de-cloaking to ask to come to the Saratoga meet.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #97 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
you gonna bring the ZD?

I won't be there, i'll be in the mountains and such.. ask Craig Ulthus, he has my amp.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #98 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
I am just assuming somebody on the list has a 6' table lying around somewhere.

I have a table if someone wants to come and pick it up.

Al,
Let me know if George can't make it. I can pass along my 5687 SLAM adapters for you to tryout.
Also, if Craig does bring the ZD and the Moth Audio DAC he had at the SoCal meet, make sure you take a listen. It was da bomb!
Enjoy.

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #99 of 149
Unless something changes last minute, it looks like I won't be able to make it to this meet. I guess I'll see you all at the April 2007 International Meet in San Jose. Have fun!

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #100 of 149
Yep, looks like I'm stuck in - well you know the rest...
rolleyes.gif

My Transporter is on the truck scheduled to be delivered today but that doesn't help out the meet one iota...

I would reach out to Sean Adams (screen name seanadams), the CEO of Slim Devices on his forum at http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7 He is super responsive and may have have a way to get a Transporter to your meet. Knowing Sean, he may evern stop by! Give him a shout.

Take care and have a great event, I'll see you at the next one!
lambda.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #101 of 149
Bruce--
Thanks for the kind offer even though you can't make the meet. I'll be in touch soon if we need the table, but I will assume we won't.

AMB and FZFan--
Sorry you guys can't make it on Saturday. Hopefully we will see you both in April. FZF, good idea on contacting Sean Adams. I am sure Grahame will give it a go.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #102 of 149
I can add a Gilmore Lite V2 to the equipment list if anyone's interested. It's replacing my HeadFive (which I'm still bringing) as my office amp. So Grahame, if you decide the HeadFive would make a good office rig for you, mine will be on the market.

I may also bring a source, if a rig I'm assembling tomorrow works out.

amb, I'm sorry you won't make it.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #103 of 149
NeilVG: your inbox is full

Does the offer of giving me a ride from embarcadero still stand?

Robm321 said that he can give me a ride back from the meet to berkeley which was my biggest concern, so if you can still give me a ride to the meet, then it looks like i'll be going.

I will have:

Grado GS-1000
Grado HF-1
MPX3 Slam SE
Ori-Modded Zhaolu
Chimera Labs IC
Xin Supermini III w/ AD 8656

Hrm...now that I think about it...I have no transport.

Oct 11, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #105 of 149
Yes I can still do this
wink.gif

NP.

Neil

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
NeilVG: your inbox is full

Does the offer of giving me a ride from embarcadero still stand?

Robm321 said that he can give me a ride back from the meet to berkeley which was my biggest concern, so if you can still give me a ride to the meet, then it looks like i'll be going.

I will have:

Grado GS-1000
Grado HF-1
MPX3 Slam SE
Ori-Modded Zhaolu
Chimera Labs IC
Xin Supermini III w/ AD 8656

Hrm...now that I think about it...I have no transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back