September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #346 of 408
Hopefully people won't have a problem with directions for tomorrow. If anyone thinks they might get lost on the way, hit me a PM. 

Basically, it's just a Skytrain ride to Waterfront, then up West Hastings a few blocks. I forget what the building looks like though... It's been a while.

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #347 of 408
Quote:
Do you want me to bring my soldering tools and fix it on the spot?  PM me, I'm not sure when I'm going to be there tomorrow.

Are you offering to do repairs? I'm horrible with soldering, and am looking for someone to recable my second pair of HD428s (the person who did my first pair isn't around here any more). Re-terminating the plug would be fine as well.

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #348 of 408
Quote:
Do you want me to bring my soldering tools and fix it on the spot?  PM me, I'm not sure when I'm going to be there tomorrow.

I'm not too sure when I'll be there myself - the big semi-annual record swap meet is on tomorrow too, starting at 11, so I'll probably be coming by around 2 or 3. I can bring the headphones with me, but I'm not absolutely sure where the break is. It's probably in the exposed bit of bare wire just below the termination into the phone, in which case I it should be possible to fix, if the plus and minus wires can be separated. It looks finicky though. As I said the cable is very flimsy.

I appreciate that this is a non-commercial event - if someone wants to donate an old pair of phones though I can't see how that would be commercial. And as long as money doesn't exchange hands on the spot, surely one of the reasons for holding such events is for people to hear phones that they might end up buying later.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #349 of 408
Quote:
I'm not too sure when I'll be there myself - the big semi-annual record swap meet is on tomorrow too, starting at 11, so I'll probably be coming by around 2 or 3. I can bring the headphones with me, but I'm not absolutely sure where the break is. It's probably in the exposed bit of bare wire just below the termination into the phone, in which case I it should be possible to fix, if the plus and minus wires can be separated. It looks finicky though. As I said the cable is very flimsy.

I appreciate that this is a non-commercial event - if someone wants to donate an old pair of phones though I can't see how that would be commercial. And as long as money doesn't exchange hands on the spot, surely one of the reasons for holding such events is for people to hear phones that they might end up buying later.

Hey, just letting you know that if you don't RSVP, you won't be able to attend. Please give a specific time on when you're going to come. And for other people interested, this isn't a drop-in whenever you want and leave whenever thing as well. Either here or at the meet, you must tell me when you're coming and leaving. We don't expect anyone to just leave without word just for security measures. Thanks

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #351 of 408
Quote:

Hey, just letting you know that if you don't RSVP, you won't be able to attend. Please give a specific time on when you're going to come. And for other people interested, this isn't a drop-in whenever you want and leave whenever thing as well. Either here or at the meet, you must tell me when you're coming and leaving. We don't expect anyone to just leave without word just for security measures. Thanks

Well, speaking for me and Shortiefish, we're staying til the end, but I cannot predict how long the wait at the border will be. If the wait is less than 30 mins, we'll arrive on time.

By the way, what is the parking situation like over there?

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #352 of 408
Quote:
Just to double check that I've RSVP'd, I'll be there from 12-5. None of my line-up has changed.

Hey, thanks for checking numerous times. I'm not exactly too concerned with people coming late and leaving early, I just don't want to end up with too many "anonymous" members showing up. Just be sure to tell me when you're leaving at the meet so everyone is aware of you leaving.
Quote:

Well, speaking for me and Shortiefish, we're staying til the end, but I cannot predict how long the wait at the border will be. If the wait is less than 30 mins, we'll arrive on time.

By the way, what is the parking situation like over there?

Gah borders... It's okay if you're late because I'm fully aware of the circumstances people have with living far away and etc. As long as someone knows someone is coming, I'm okay with that. 

For parking, Travis told me it is provided. I don't have an idea if it's free or pay parking, but considering it's a community center, I wouldn't be surprised if it was free. Unfortunately I haven't been to the place yet because it is Travis who is wrapping this all up physically while I do more of the online work.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #353 of 408
Quote:

idk on exactly when i get there. between 12:15 to 12:40. will stay til end.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #354 of 408
We should have a procedure:

1. Arrive
2. Sign in via sign in-sheet and get your name tag made by planx.
3. profit
4. Sign out when you have to go, the sheet will be with planx.

Sign in/out sheet will have all the RSVPed and Maybeed members' Head-Fi names.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #355 of 408
Hey, thanks for checking numerous times. I'm not exactly too concerned with people coming late and leaving early, I just don't want to end up with too many "anonymous" members showing up. Just be sure to tell me when you're leaving at the meet so everyone is aware of you leaving.

Gah borders... It's okay if you're late because I'm fully aware of the circumstances people have with living far away and etc. As long as someone knows someone is coming, I'm okay with that. 

For parking, Travis told me it is provided. I don't have an idea if it's free or pay parking, but considering it's a community center, I wouldn't be surprised if it was free. Unfortunately I haven't been to the place yet because it is Travis who is wrapping this all up physically while I do more of the online work.

I used to live in Coal Harbour... Nothing is free :wink: There is outside and I think underground parking at the community center And for out of town visitors They have no qualms towing vehicles from the US and it costs a pretty penny to boot!

Here are details and a map
http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/underground/coal_harbour_community_centre/v6c/vancouver/

Have fun Guys!

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #356 of 408
Quote:

idk on exactly when i get there. between 12:15 to 12:40. will stay til end.

Hey, I'm not too concerned about lates. For security reasons, I'm more interested in when people are going to leave. Hope everyone understands!
Quote:
We should have a procedure:

1. Arrive
2. Sign in via sign in-sheet and get your name tag made by planx.
3. profit
4. Sign out when you have to go, the sheet will be with planx.

Sign in/out sheet will have all the RSVPed and Maybeed members' Head-Fi names.

I will have my laptop there and I already have a Word Doc with the attendance updated. I will mark peoples names whenever they leave and at what time. That is a good idea GG, but instead of a sheet, I will have my Doc. Yes, come to my table once you arrive to get a fancy pansy name tag 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #357 of 408
Quote:
I used to live in Coal Harbour... Nothing is free
wink.gif
There is outside and I think underground parking at the community center And for out of town visitors They have no qualms towing vehicles from the US and it costs a pretty penny to boot!
Here are details and a map
http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/underground/coal_harbour_community_centre/v6c/vancouver/
Have fun Guys!

Well, that went well LOL... Bring parking money. I feel pretty bad now because I wasn't aware of this, sorry folks!

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #358 of 408
Didn't see we had to RSVP. I'll be there pretty early - around 11 (I have something to attend to nearby), and will stay until 4-5. I can help offer to step up if it's needed as well.

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #359 of 408
Quote:
Didn't see we had to RSVP. I'll be there pretty early - around 11 (I have something to attend to nearby), and will stay until 4-5. I can help offer to step up if it's needed as well.

Hey, Travis said you won't be allowed into the room early because there's something going on there till before 12. Don't worry, I included you in the attendance already so nothing to worry about. The reason why I'm asking for times is for the added security of yourself and others. Hope everyone understands. Thanks, extra hands are always helpful

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #360 of 408
I am going to fall out of my chair I am so excited for this thing oh my goodness. Is there something wrong with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back