September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jun 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #78 of 408
As much as I'd like to check out some of the higher end gear like Audzee's or HD700/800 etc., I'm actually most interested in hearing a few items that are realistic items I might pick up in the near to mid future, such as V-Moda M-80/V-80, B&W P3/P5 cans, and maybe headstage arrow, ALO the National, and Leckerton UHA-4 amps. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #79 of 408
Quote:
As much as I'd like to check out some of the higher end gear like Audzee's or HD700/800 etc., I'm actually most interested in hearing a few items that are realistic items I might pick up in the near to mid future, such as V-Moda M-80/V-80, B&W P3/P5 cans, and maybe headstage arrow, ALO the National, and Leckerton UHA-4 amps. 

For the V-Moda M-80 just head down to headphonebar to try it out.  for the B&W p5, you can try on a pair at Vancouver hi fi at seymour and dunsmuir.

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #80 of 408
Quote:
For the V-Moda M-80 just head down to headphonebar to try it out.  for the B&W p5, you can try on a pair at Vancouver hi fi at seymour and dunsmuir.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I may do that.  I've heard the P5 a bit at future shop but hard to tell if they've been properly burned in, and I don't feel comfortable taking in my own source and so on.  The meet would be a nice place to check them out, if anyone is bringing them along. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #82 of 408
sorry i just came back from a trip yesterday and got into a car accident on the way back so i'm just regaining my bearings. i'll see if Travis made any progression. cheers

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #83 of 408
Quote:
sorry i just came back from a trip yesterday and got into a car accident on the way back so i'm just regaining my bearings. i'll see if Travis made any progression. cheers

Oh no!  Sorry to hear it... I hope you are okay.  No worries on the planning I was just curious and didn't mean to be a pest.  Take some time and get well!

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #84 of 408
k i got word and we're looking at sept 16th on sunday. Sennheiser agreed to participate and we're looking at the HD700, IE800 (hopefully), and their new amp coming out. i'll continue to update you all as the date approaches

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #85 of 408
Quote:
k i got word and we're looking at sept 16th on sunday. Sennheiser agreed to participate and we're looking at the HD700, IE800 (hopefully), and their new amp coming out. i'll continue to update you all as the date approaches

that's awesome news!

Do we have a list of sponsors so far?

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #86 of 408
So far, travis said Sennheiser and Grado. We will try to get many more because Sennheiser (being a massive company) were more than eager to come and participate either with Reps and/or items! We have HifiMan, AKG, Schiit, Audeze, Shure, Vmoda, Vsonic, and many more in mind

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #88 of 408
September is much better for me. I would love to drive up for this. I'm actually thinking about coming up to visit Headphone Bar anyways - looks like a great shop (we have none down hear since 32Ohm closed their (retail) doors). I'm looking hard at the Beyer T1 and HE-500 - really want to try before I buy.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #89 of 408
oh trust me, the HE500 and HE400 are truely something. I honestly cannot think of a better place (or another place) that lets you try out headphones and IEMs with your sources or his. Both at very reasonable prices at our very own Headphonebar!

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #90 of 408
Quote:

If the 16th is a firm date, I'll go ahead and see about booking time. Hopefully the new Android build will hit before then, the tales that it supports USB-out are true, my tablet gets the build, and I can run my DAC and amp off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back