September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jun 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 408
Great! Nice to see so many members interested! Keep updated and bring your friends. Really anticipating this big meet!

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #21 of 408
Quote:
This would be my first meet and I don't have a very elaborate set-up (just my Denon AH-D2000s and a digiZoid Zo), is there anything I should know?

Well this is my first meet as well and I'm organizing it haha! One thing to know is, Headphonebar has agreed to quite literally host the event with sponsors and reps hopefully. Just expect a lot of gear and people hopefully (20ish people or more??)

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #22 of 408
It'll depend heavily on when it is (so I can book time), but if I'm able to make it, the stuff in my sig will come with. Might need to mooch off of someone's source laptop though (since I am NOT carting my tower along).

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 408
July is beginning to look a little dicey for me. First and last weeks of July's vacation requests are booked up, and the in-between bits are getting closer to "coin-toss" stage.

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #25 of 408
Quote:

Well this is my first meet as well and I'm organizing it haha! One thing to know is, Headphonebar has agreed to quite literally host the event with sponsors and reps hopefully. Just expect a lot of gear and people hopefully (20ish people or more??)

Oh now that is great news!!  I've been wanting to get out to headphone bar for a while to check the place out and sample some stuff.  Very cool.  Thanks for putting this together!  Hopefully you can nail down a date and stuff soon.  (No pressure :wink:

PS first meet too.  Been to a few car club meets in my former life but never a head-fi meet up!

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #26 of 408
July is beginning to look a little dicey for me. First and last weeks of July's vacation requests are booked up, and the in-between bits are getting closer to "coin-toss" stage.

I'm speculating second week of july? It has to be a Sunday because that's when Travis doesn't work. NOTHING is final yeetttt.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #27 of 408
Oh now that is great news!!  I've been wanting to get out to headphone bar for a while to check the place out and sample some stuff.  Very cool.  Thanks for putting this together!  Hopefully you can nail down a date and stuff soon.  (No pressure :wink:

PS first meet too.  Been to a few car club meets in my former life but never a head-fi meet up!

Yes thank you for all the support. Hopefully both Headphonebar and I can make this into a big meet! As in car meets, Revscene by any chance?

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #29 of 408
Quote:
I'm pretty new here, but I'll try to come! I don't have much to offer as much current setup is an ATH-M50 and a Cowon J3...

Anyone and everyone is allowed to come, regardless of what gear you have and don't have! I know for a fact that I'm going to be more than happy to share my equipment (yes, i'll bring alcohol wipes for IEM tips if I bring them) and everyone is welcome to bring equipment as well (as it stands). Hopefully we will have a lot more info next week on where we're going to host this event (fingers crossed for a lot of power outlets!). And bring along the J3! I wanna compare how it sounds to my Cowon O2!

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 408
Quote:
As in car meets, Revscene by any chance?

No never went to any of those.  I had a 2000 Mercury Cougar from 99 to 2002, and two different Focuses from 2002 to 2008, and I went to a few meets of their communities (New Edge Cougar Owners, and FocalJet, respectively).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back