Sensaphonics + UE-10 Pro's + Killers(?) :)
Dec 1, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #76 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
I still don't understand all the secrecy. You're not a beta tester or anything. Why can't the product be named? I think I remember you saying something about Ultimate Ears developing something new in the past. Did somehow when you got the ue10, they asked if you wanted to try their latest product as well.

Anyway, I'm now very happy with the ue10. I got the new 5th gen ipod and think they synergize perfect with it. And that's without an amp. It's the perfect ultra portable setup.

With that endorsement, I hope to pick up a 5th gen ipod today....can't wait to hear it with the UE10s.

Dec 1, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #77 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
With that endorsement, I hope to pick up a 5th gen ipod today....can't wait to hear it with the UE10s.

Yeah, everything seems balanced and clear. The highs now sparkle, there is now real bass without being bloated. I can see how some might want more bass but for me it sounds just right. Even the mids and electric guitars sound better. The other thing is it now has a soundstage. The music is much wider and there is now some real depth.

You might be able to improve on any of these areas with the right amp, but I don't think it's necessary because of the extra bulk or hassle. I also didn't really like the SR-71 with the ue10 because the bass didn't sound right and it wasn't aggressive enough for my tastes.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #78 of 114
Hi guys,

One word... and the word is... Sensaphonics.

Sorry it took so long. I've been inundated with work recently and hardly have time for anything (I mean really). Strange as it sounds I didn't even had an opportunity to properly burn-in the new IEM's. They may have like only 10/15 hours! of total playing on them right now. That is why, among other things, I am/was reluctant to give any feedback as of now, so as not to be biased and hype the latest product.

I think that I can reveal something now. The sound is damn good, but once again I have to say I did not have time for accurate listening. In order to avoid predilection I think I need to stay away from judging them right now. Everything here may still change and it's only a raw estimation.

These are the upgrades of 2XS with the new specification drivers.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #79 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by root
[....] Sensaphonics. [....] The sound is damn good [....]
These are the upgrades of 2XS with the new specification drivers.

eek.gif
blink.gif

-TILT-

I thought they all use the same drivers - just the electronics that control the drivers are different?!

Marcus

Dec 3, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #81 of 114
How come there is no mention of this on their website. Did you return yours for repair and they offered this upgrade? Or do you have the 2xs to compare side-by-side?

Dec 3, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #82 of 114
wow. The killer IEM is made by Sensaphonics.
So they just did some tweeks to the 2 drivers, and there is no additional drivers right?

Dec 3, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #85 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shureman
I think they have some information on the sensaphonics Japanese website

http://www.sensaphonics.jp/products/index.html

I think it's called Prophonic 3D Ambience. I can read Japanese. So, please correct me if anyone knows.

I translated this from the site (using Google):
----
Cheer and the monitoring signal of the audience are mixed to natural, next generation イヤモニ.
After the fall of 2005, start of sale.
-----
Looks like it's just a live monitoring iem. No advantage for listening to recordings.

Dec 3, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #86 of 114
the biggest advancement recently is in the 5th ipod and how it works so well with the UE10s. I agree that an amp is no longer needed. I can hear very little if any difference in the SQ.

Dec 7, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #87 of 114
Base on many reviews from here and other forums, the 2XS is consider to be the best high-end customized IEM in this level. If they can make a universal (non-custom) IEM with a similar sound signature like 2XS, very comfortable like UMS2 and a reasonable price, definitely we have a winner here. I can't for the first initial impression.

Root, is there any chance that you can post some pictures on this while you are still doing the burn-in?

Kenneth

Dec 7, 2005 at 12:34 PM Post #88 of 114
There's nothing saying they're planing to do an universal IEM. And even if they were, I don't think it will sound as good as the 2X-S.
Just look at UE, they also have great custom IEM, and their Super.fi line doesn't compete with them.
By the way, I think a lot of people here will tell you that they're one of the best, but not necessarily THE best.

Dec 7, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #89 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathsharp
There's nothing saying they're planing to do an universal IEM. And even if they were, I don't think it will sound as good as the 2X-S.
Just look at UE, they also have great custom IEM, and their Super.fi line doesn't compete with them.
By the way, I think a lot of people here will tell you that they're one of the best, but not necessarily THE best.

I am not attempting to start an argument, but I don’t know if I can buy in to the idea that an IEM must be a custom unit to sound its best.

I would imagine that if you used the same drivers, you could make a custom and universal IEM that sounded the same or very similar. Just looking at the pictures of the 2X-S, it seem to me that a universal version would be slightly smaller then the custom version if the same drivers and driver position is used.

I would think the reason that these are made as custom units is part of spending this much money means that you should get a product that is made to order for the purchaser.

If UE and Sensaphonics made universal units with same drivers as the UE-10 Pro and 2X-S they could sell more units but at the same time, they would probably have more returns from users that are not happy for one reason or another and they kind of avoid that IMO with custom units.

I thought that I read somewhere that UE has a universal unit that can be used for preview before purchase, if that is true, then there is no technical reason that they cannot make a universal model other then the fact that they want to keep it exclusive (more high end customers = more profit)

If the day should happen when there is a UE10 Con or 2X-S Uni and it sounds as good as the custom jobs, I would consider them because it takes away some of the risk (for me at least) of buying something before you hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back