Sensaphonics + UE-10 Pro's + Killers(?) :)
Dec 7, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #91 of 114
I'll try to take some pics of the beasties and post'em but probably not sooner than this weekend...

Dec 10, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #92 of 114
Right now I am at a different place and currently have access neither to T2PRO nor UE-10's to make a comparison. I've taken a few pictures and I am by no means a photographer. Enjoy!

May I introduce: T2i

Dec 10, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #93 of 114
nice pics
biggrin.gif

what are the differences between the T2i and the T2pro? how much for each of them??

cheers

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #95 of 114
T2i is a consumer version and T2PRO is a professional version. T2i has a soft and longer cable than T2PRO and is available in different colors. Both IEM's cost £499.

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #96 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
I would imagine that if you used the same drivers, you could make a custom and universal IEM that sounded the same or very similar.

This is wrong in my experience. I have the ES2 and the UM2, which use the same drivers. The ES2 is substantially better than the UM2, and has a rather different sound signature. I don't believe that the drivers in an IEM are the only thing that matters. On top of that, my long experience with the UM2 demonstrated that different eartips can affect the sound of the UM2 greatly, to the point of making it sound like an entirely different canalphone. Based on this, I would have to say that the seal and shape of the IEM are at least as important as the drivers. Yet another area of improvement could be the dual-bore design on the ES2 as opposed to the single-bore UM2.

Anyway, I don't know enough about IEM design to make an educated assessment. But, there's clearly more than the model of the drivers at play when talking about sound quality.

Dec 11, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #97 of 114
Thanks for posting the picture. Am I the only one who think the phone looks a bit ugly like a black piece of clay? Maybe it's the color. But as long as it have a good overall sound quality and very comfortable, that's what it counts.

Root, if you have tried the UM2 before? If so, can you tell us how comfortable it is when compare to the UM2?

I tried and I love the fit of UM2.

Kenneth

Dec 11, 2005 at 10:36 AM Post #98 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
I don't believe that the drivers in an IEM are the only thing that matters. On top of that, my long experience with the UM2 demonstrated that different eartips can affect the sound of the UM2 greatly, to the point of making it sound like an entirely different canalphone. Based on this, I would have to say that the seal and shape of the IEM are at least as important as the drivers. Yet another area of improvement could be the dual-bore design on the ES2 as opposed to the single-bore UM2.

Anyway, I don't know enough about IEM design to make an educated assessment. But, there's clearly more than the model of the drivers at play when talking about sound quality.

Very true catscratch. Every tiny component and positioning of drivers, the housing, the materials, etc.; all these factores affect accoustics, sound signature, bass impact, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth11zz
Am I the only one who think the phone looks a bit ugly like a black piece of clay? Maybe it's the color. But as long as it have a good overall sound quality and very comfortable, that's what it counts.

As I said, my phptography skills suck and I didn't have much time to take these pictures either. They look way better in person.
I've never heard UM2 and never had a chance to find out its comfortability. It will be far more comfortable in each regard as these are custom made headphones. There is no more comfortable IEM on the market than Sensaphonics (I haven't tried Westones, though), but the fact that its made of soft silicone can be more than convincing.

Dec 11, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #99 of 114
FYI: http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/m...s-monitors.htm

edit: I think there's need for some clarification as I do not understand, why there's such a mystery of these. IMO these are ACS T2i or Pro, manufactured obviously by Sensaphonic. But if this is the new "Killer" IEM, I am wondering, why there's no information at www.sensaphonics.com, while ACS posting reviews already.

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #100 of 114
Yes, and there is also T15 I was talking about earlier on. These are supposed to exceed sound quality wise every universal IEM on the market right now (especially single driver ones) and the price is only £130.

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #101 of 114
and which one is the 2X-S or T2X-S?
they could put more information than just "T2i is a consumer version and T2PRO is a professional version".

I tried mailing them twice, they don't seem very eager to answer... this doesn't really make me trust them with a 500 GBP purchase.

Dec 11, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #102 of 114
There is no more 2X-S/T2X-S. T2PRO is an enhanced version of 2X-S and T2i is a consumer version of T2PRO. At least I think so.

Dec 11, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #103 of 114
Consumer or pro version doesn't really tell us what's different about the sound.
I'm also wondering if Sensa will follow in that direction, or if ACS started making their own IEM (based on Sensaphonics technology obviously)

Dec 11, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #105 of 114
Hmm... this is odd.

These T2PRO / T2i supposed to be "made by Sensaphonics" and with "upgraded drivers". Still, nothing about them or upgrades to 2X-S on Sensaphonics site.

Does anybody have official confirmation or denial from Sensaphonics?

Something tangible, like an e-mail or a web-page. Or a printed brochure?
smily_headphones1.gif

If Sensa has upgraded their drivers, I'd imagine they'd update their own site and offer the upgraded models for sale from themselves also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back