Sensaphonics + UE-10 Pro's + Killers(?) :)
Dec 11, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #106 of 114
Well from what I understood, ACS was actually making these IEMs, even though they were exactly the same made by Sensaphonics.
This is why I wonder whether Sensaphonics designed these new IEMs or ACS

Dec 11, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #107 of 114
Dec 11, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #108 of 114
I received my 2X-S from Chicago en Friday.

The thing is that they only took 1 DAY to build them. Did not get any news from Doris or Michael regarding the new product. I wouldn't be that sure about a new product coming out, specially when Doris mentioned that "usual waiting time is 2 weeks, but as we are not very busy lately, it may take shorter".

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #109 of 114
Sooo? Do these sound better than the sensas 2x?
If so, I might get it sometime next year or something... Ive been craving a custom for ageeeess...
If im getting one, definiately a clear one though, coloured ones look, no offense, retarted
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #110 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Sooo? Do these sound better than the sensas 2x?
If so, I might get it sometime next year or something... Ive been craving a custom for ageeeess...
If im getting one, definiately a clear one though, coloured ones look, no offense, retarted
biggrin.gif

I still haven't had the opportunity to do the proper testings. The only time I'll have enough free time will be during holidays, I guess. It's winter here and the weather is not IEM-friendly, so I resolved to use my high-end IEM's only at home now and I use E3's on the go, so the time spent with them is yet more limited. From what I've already heard they sound very, VERY similar to 2X-S. The sound signature is exactly the same, maybe a tad bit better, however, it is not a final verdict. These are just very first impressions. They may not be the forthcoming "killers" of 2X-S. They "kill" UE-10's to my ears (but still these are very good). Obviously, it is really difficult to beat 2X-S. It's hard to say right now.

I have both T2PRO (the clear ones) and T2i (the black ones) and I can't tell which I like the most in terms of pure looks. Both look great in my opinion. The pictures I've taken really don't do justice to T2i. These look much better in reality.

Dec 12, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #111 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
This is wrong in my experience. I have the ES2 and the UM2, which use the same drivers. The ES2 is substantially better than the UM2, and has a rather different sound signature. I don't believe that the drivers in an IEM are the only thing that matters. On top of that, my long experience with the UM2 demonstrated that different eartips can affect the sound of the UM2 greatly, to the point of making it sound like an entirely different canalphone. Based on this, I would have to say that the seal and shape of the IEM are at least as important as the drivers. Yet another area of improvement could be the dual-bore design on the ES2 as opposed to the single-bore UM2.

Anyway, I don't know enough about IEM design to make an educated assessment. But, there's clearly more than the model of the drivers at play when talking about sound quality.

I guess the key here is you are speaking from experience, while I was only speculating, I don’t own any of the Custom IEM’s, I have been trying to get enough information to determine if they are a worthwhile investment for me or not, I currently own the Shure E5C’s and have been very happy with them

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #112 of 114
Quote: " the Westone guy told me that he uses UM2 + UM56 instead of ES2, and that he feels the sound is equal to the ES2 sound."

This is from another thread and if the member who posted it hadn't had such a horrific time with the custom UM56 tips I might be inclined to try them myself. Personally I doubt the sound is equal but still, it makes you wonder..... I know, hooked up to my laptop and properly EQ'ed, the UM 2 is a totally different 'phone. Kinda annoying that I can't get the same SQ on the go with the equipment I'm currently using.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #113 of 114
Funny because when I first got my UM2s, I felt they were fairly enjoyable, but rather muddy, slow, mushy, and veiled (compared to ER4 and E4), but after playing around with the tips and fit, my impressions are similar to catscratch's ES2 "review," and compare very favorably against my ER4S (E4s have since been sold).

Dec 12, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #114 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by root
I still haven't had the opportunity to do the proper testings. The only time I'll have enough free time will be during holidays, I guess. It's winter here and the weather is not IEM-friendly, so I resolved to use my high-end IEM's only at home now and I use E3's on the go, so the time spent with them is yet more limited.

You have three different IEMs. Why can't you use them in the cold weather?

Quote:

Originally Posted by root
They "kill" UE-10's to my ears.

I wouldn't say the UE-10s kill Shure e2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back