Senn's HD 700's to be release in January 2008...
Apr 4, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #287 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by r0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(tangent warning).........
(end tangent)...

icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #288 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well in the very least, it's obviously going to be better then the k701
tongue.gif

It should be, Sennheiser has every oppurtunity to make the HD-700 the perfect phone. Walk that line well, between accurate reference monitor, and euphonics...

...hopefully, the highs get bumped up & extended, still keeping the sennheiser dip signature, just less extreme. Maybe slightly tame the mid-bass, up the mids, and up the low subs slightly.

Also, offer two(lo & hi) impedance models like Beyer.

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #289 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpp80202 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet the reviews of the 700's will sound just like the reviews of the 650's. Just find and replace all mentions of HD600 and substitute with HD650.

...and replace all mentions of bass, and substitute with highs.
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #290 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be, Sennheiser has every oppurtunity to make the HD-700 the perfect phone. Walk that line well, between accurate reference monitor, and euphonics...

They'd be late to the game, Joe Grado already made that headphone years ago... HP-2
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #292 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They'd be late to the game, Joe Grado already made that headphone years ago... HP-2
very_evil_smiley.gif

blah....I hope Sennheiser doesn't drastically change the HD650: Senn fans are fans for a reason. If I want a flat studio monitor sound, I'll buy a studio monitor headphone (ie Sony MDR V6 or AKG 240). Heifetz has not sounded more geniune then through my HD650s
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
Must be the reason recording studios use the 650s for monitoring symphonies if they're going to use headphones.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #293 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockturne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing that the price of HD600s will plummet when the HD700s are released? Anyone have any predictions?

Well, up here in Canada, the 600 is still being sold for 600$ and the 650 for $650...

Prices vary greatly from country to country due to a lot of different circumstances, like demand, availability, the amount it costs the developper to have his product tested and approved for foreign markets (I know its pretty expensive for developpers to introduce their product in Canada due to this).

Yes, the price will inevitably drop, but not sure about plummet, but I guess it all depends on where you live...the 580 is a good example...

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #295 of 427
No. And don't expect there to be anything aside form the tiniest rumours that there are from people trying to read great meaning into curious little asides from Tyll and Kevin Gilmore.

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #296 of 427
i think people at the nat'l meet asked the sennheiser rep about it and he didn't respond. so as far as i know, nothing new has come out beyond strong speculation, which may be true, but has yet to be confirmed (at least, in any official sense).

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #297 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by r0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(tangent warning)
[size=xx-small]You know I thought I remember listening to the r10's at the San Jose head-fi meet, 2005 (i think)... I thought they sounded good but I wasn't impressed (I should clarify that this is according to my ears, and my perceptions of good are relative to how much I'd have to spend). Maybe because I had just heard the HE-90s one minute prior. o_O[/size]
(end tangent)

Anyway, the HE-90s really opened up my eyes... I wonder what the 700 will bring! (=

Looks like I'll have to go to next year's head-fi meet just to get a chance to listen to em! Unless I can find a local store that has em available for demo...

I found the R10 to be the only high end can that amazed me. the HE60/HE90 were good phones but I guess I was expecting more. The K1000 were sweet but I miss the full sound from headphones that go around yours ears like your in your own little room of musical happiness. I listened to the R10's out of Rays new amp though the Apache so that might of been it
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #298 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the R10 to be the only high end can that amazed me. the HE60/HE90 were good phones but I guess I was expecting more. The K1000 were sweet but I miss the full sound from headphones that go around yours ears like your in your own little room of musical happiness. I listened to the R10's out of Rays new amp though the Apache so that might of been it
biggrin.gif

Ditto...... Apache/R10
eggosmile.gif

May 1, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #299 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the R10 to be the only high end can that amazed me.

I was amazed when I heard them at Zanth's but amazed because they had no bottom end. Like a speaker that had the woofer kicked out. Why do the "leading" cans either have too much bass or not enough?

I would be interested in an "HD700" if it addressed the bloated bass of the HD650 and laid back nature of 650 and previous models. Mind you, we could do that by changing the density/thickness of the foam that covers the drivers.

I think I'll go make my own HD700. I'll be back..

May 1, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #300 of 427
Few weeks back I saw a Sennheiser employee on ebay selling his used pair of headphones (Rs series and Px100s). I asked him about the next flagship model, he said he is not sure when it will come out because he works in the IT section, but he did say it will be more expensive then the current hd650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back