Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 28, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #3,662 of 4,141
I finally got an update last night! Mine are in town anx I will probably find a post office "notice" today to go them.

Shane D

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #3,663 of 4,141
Mine shipped Friday, I got them yesterday (I am in Southern NJ). Listening with a Schiit Magni3/Modi Multibit stack. I like them, but I think I am more of a Grado guy. The 6XX seems great for all types of music, but I feel like I am missing the sparkle my Grado SR80e provides for rock music. I am going to continue to see what develops the more I listen. The 6XX seems to have sound between my ATH-50x and Grado SR80e. I could see myself being happy with these for all use, but still wanting the Grado for rock sessions.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #3,664 of 4,141
Interesting that you write that. My HD6XX'S will be competing against my SR325E'S as I can't really see keeping two pairs of open back. Unless they are REALLY different.

Shane D

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,666 of 4,141
Interesting that you write that. My HD6XX'S will be competing against my SR325E'S as I can't really see keeping two pairs of open back. Unless they are REALLY different.

Shane D

Same here. I have the SR225, which I actually liked better than the 325. I haven't spent enough time with the 6XX to decide yet.

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,667 of 4,141
Looks like the wait is almost over, my HD6XX is arriving today.

Well I received my notice that the parcel from MassDrop had arrived and that I needed to pick them up at the Post Office. So I scurried over to get them and was informed that my package went missing! The clerk said my package was sitting on the pick-up counter being processed into the computer when a few local residents came in for their parcels. She went to the back room to get their parcels, processed them and off they went. That's when she discovered that my parcel was gone! She contacted the 2 residents and asked if they accidentally picked up my package but they claimed they didn't have any additional packages. I was told that she will scour the premises before leaving tonight and let me know tomorrow. Un-friggin-believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3,668 of 4,141
Ouch!!!
I got an update stating my package arrived in town Monday morning. I was expecting a pick up notice today (Tuesday), but there was nothing in my mail box!!:triportsad:

Shane D

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #3,669 of 4,141
Same here. I have the SR225, which I actually liked better than the 325. I haven't spent enough time with the 6XX to decide yet.

Be sure to share your opinions! If I continue to enjoy the Grado's more I might move up to the SR225 at some point.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #3,670 of 4,141
Picked up my headphones tonight, Finally!

Can't wait to start using. MAN, that was a Long wait.

Shane D

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #3,672 of 4,141
Hey guys, do you think hd6xx is worth buying if I have t50rp? I´m considering jumping on the massdrop deal.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #3,673 of 4,141
Very different cans. A lot more laid back and smoother sounding than the T50RP MK3 when I compared them both awhile back. Depends if you want a different sound signature or not.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #3,674 of 4,141
Picked up my headphones tonight, Finally!

Can't wait to start using. MAN, that was a Long wait.

Shane D

Nice!

I'm still waiting to see if the Petersburg Post Office can find my package. I notified Massdrop of my delivery problem, they were sorry and promptly issued a refund. I asked them to hold off the refund process for a few days in order to see if this Post Office is able to find my package. I'm still hoping. I explained to them that I don't want to wait until the next drop and yet another 4 months thereafter. What a fiasco.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #3,675 of 4,141
Nice!

I'm still waiting to see if the Petersburg Post Office can find my package. I notified Massdrop of my delivery problem, they were sorry and promptly issued a refund. I asked them to hold off the refund process for a few days in order to see if this Post Office is able to find my package. I'm still hoping. I explained to them that I don't want to wait until the next drop and yet another 4 months thereafter. What a fiasco.
Oh, such problems even with shipping to Canada? No tracking or insurance with massdrop? What can I expect when shipping to EU :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back