Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 16, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #1,876 of 4,141
  Same for me.  No progress from that since yesterday. 
frown.gif

Yeah, nothing since my label was made at 2am on the 15th

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,877 of 4,141
Dec 16, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,878 of 4,141
  I feel for you brother. I know how hard it can be to wait for your beloved musical items, but damm your response made me chuckle. Keep on being strong, hopefully they've extended the estimate only to be safe and would be delivered earlier than that. 

Thanks.

I'm still holding out hope that Fedex/USPS are going to get it to me by Christmas, but it's not the end of the world if they don't. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #1,883 of 4,141
Dec 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,886 of 4,141
I just checked and saw that FedEx drove my pair right past my house and went 80 miles North to drop it off somewhere else before they send it back down to me. Seemed really odd since I live in a very large city. My delivered date is now delayed by a day as well. No big deal, but the shipping routes make zero sense for these.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #1,887 of 4,141

That's funny, since most people seem to complain about the sennheiser "clamp of death" and how these sit unusually tight on the head.

There are even instructions out there on the web on how to bend them a little bit to make them not clamp as hard.

Yeah they are a bit tight, but it doesn't bother me.  In fact I actually prefer to have my headphones snugger rather than looser (that's one thing I don't really care for about the TH-X00, they're quite relaxed-fitting on me).  I guess it's possible that the sides of my head are less convex than others or something.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1,888 of 4,141
The Senn 600 series has always had a tight clamp right out of the box.

My advice, let it settle in as you wear it. After a couple weeks they won't be as tight around the head.

They are built well, but the plastic on the top of the headband is NOT made to stretch and can snap if you bend the headband out. If you have to stretch the headband, make sure you are ONLY stretching the metal on the sides. Extend them out all the way to get a better handle on them.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #1,889 of 4,141
The Senn 600 series has always had a tight clamp right out of the box.

My advice, let it settle in as you wear it. After a couple weeks they won't be as tight around the head.

They are built well, but the plastic on the top of the headband is NOT made to stretch and can snap if you bend the headband out. If you have to stretch the headband, make sure you are ONLY stretching the metal on the sides. Extend them out all the way to get a better handle on them.

+1 

The pads will compress over the first week or so. Let THAT happen first before stretching the headband (as noted metal parts only). The pad compression will lessen the clamp a fair bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back