Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,892 of 4,141
  Mine is via Fedex smartpost, which takes FOEVER

It like watching paint dry. Mine was at the smartpost location 30 minutes from my house, for two days. It left this morning, going to the Post Office I suppose. 

If they really take their time (horse and buggy maybe) instead of Saturday delivery it will be Monday (grumble grumble). 

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #1,893 of 4,141
My status finally changed from label created to will be here on Thursday. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,895 of 4,141
Dec 16, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,896 of 4,141
FedEx Smartpost, now scheduled for delivery on the 22nd.  No real faith in that, as I've seen the hand off to the Post Office screw things up royally in the past out here in the boondocks of W. Texas.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,897 of 4,141
  Mine is via Fedex smartpost, which takes FOEVER

It can, but it seems mine on vehicle for delivery today is perhaps going to arrive earlier than most…

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,898 of 4,141
A must watch for those waiting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJPP7GkuPU

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,899 of 4,141
My original delivery date was tomorrow, Saturday. They are out for delivery today, which is Friday. I wouldn't put much faith in their estimates. They could come early, and possibly later, bit I think they give themselves a lot of cushion, so late is less likely. I cannot wait. I'll be driving these with my Creative X7, and my LG V20. I'm going to pull the trigger on an OTL tube amp. Thinking the Schiit Valhalla 2, bit still not sure. The Bottlehead Crack with Speedball would be a really fun project, but not crazy about the looks and all connections being on top.

Is the Valhalla 2 the right choice? (Also like it can be used with almost any headphone, and preouts is also a huge plus). Anyone else grabbing a tube amp?

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,901 of 4,141
My status finally changed from label created to will be here on Thursday. :beerchug:

Same here...status changed this morning.
My delivery date is set for next Thursday as well.

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #1,902 of 4,141
My original delivery date was tomorrow, Saturday. They are out for delivery today, which is Friday. I wouldn't put much faith in their estimates. They could come early, and possibly later, bit I think they give themselves a lot of cushion, so late is less likely. I cannot wait. I'll be driving these with my Creative X7, and my LG V20. I'm going to pull the trigger on an OTL tube amp. Thinking the Schiit Valhalla 2, bit still not sure. The Bottlehead Crack with Speedball would be a really fun project, but not crazy about the looks and all connections being on top.

Is the Valhalla 2 the right choice? (Also like it can be used with almost any headphone, and preouts is also a huge plus). Anyone else grabbing a tube amp?

Bottlehead Crack with Speedball is better than valhalla 2 from everything I have heard.  personally I want the Lyr 2, but its out of my price range.

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,904 of 4,141
Bottlehead Crack with Speedball is better than valhalla 2 from everything I have heard.  personally I want the Lyr 2, but its out of my price range.

I've read that the Valhalla 2 is a much better amp for the HD6XX than the Lyr 2. May jump on the Lyr 2 just because it is more versatile. The Bottlehead is just ugly, which does matter to me. I only have 2 headphones currently with a high impedance (DT990 250ohm being the other). I do want to hook it up to my Pioneer Elite SC-72 that drives my 4 ohm Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I've always wanted to get into tubes, and buying a headphone amp with preouts gives me the best of both worlds. Any other recommendations?

I do really like my Schiit Magni, which has a ton of power (doesn't get used anymore after the X7 purchase). Really just want a great tube amp, just want to buy one and be happy. No need to half ass it as I would rather spend money once and be done.

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #1,905 of 4,141
I've read that the Valhalla 2 is a much better amp for the HD6XX than the Lyr 2. May jump on the Lyr 2 just because it is more versatile. The Bottlehead is just ugly, which does matter to me. I only have 2 headphones currently with a high impedance (DT990 250ohm being the other). I do want to hook it up to my Pioneer Elite SC-72 that drives my 4 ohm Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands. I've always wanted to get into tubes, and buying a headphone amp with preouts gives me the best of both worlds. Any other recommendations?

I do really like my Schiit Magni, which has a ton of power (doesn't get used anymore after the X7 purchase). Really just want a great tube amp, just want to buy one and be happy. No need to half ass it as I would rather spend money once and be done.
Well said, check out the Feliks audio Elise. Fairly big following here & plenty tube rolling options. Probably run you about 800.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back