Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 16, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,922 of 4,141
i used hd650 with my mojo for 10 months..but after connecting to ve ra2 headphone amp..m not able to go back to mojo amp again..

by the way ve ra2 is portable which peforms like a desktop amp.

better amps drive better headphone to best ..

What is a ve ra2 amp? Did a search, nothing came up. What do you drive with it and what desktop unit can you compare it to with the HD650?

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,924 of 4,141
What is a ve ra2 amp? Did a search, nothing came up. What do you drive with it and what desktop unit can you compare it to with the HD650?

Look for Venture Electronics VE RunAbout 2.0. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,925 of 4,141
So, I'm not going to do some silly video, but I thought some might want to see these:

Arrival today in Indianapolis:

It sure is snug packaging:

Box

Inside Box

Open

Underneath

One Side (the color is really subtle)

The Other

Haven't tried them yet…

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,926 of 4,141
So, I'm not going to do some silly video, but I thought some might want to see these:

Box

Inside Box

Open

Underneath

The Other

Haven't tried them yet…

Thanks for sharing!
Interesting that it seems even the +500 units are getting the serial # too.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,928 of 4,141
Thanks for sharing!
Interesting that it seems even the +500 units are getting the serial # too.

My pleasure.  It's worth noting there was a packing list inside with my info too, in case that wasn't clear.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,929 of 4,141
I also would say that the color looks much more subtle than I anticipated.  It looks good however, and I think my camera did it justice.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #1,931 of 4,141

Box

Inside Box

Open

Underneath

The Other

Haven't tried them yet…

Looks nice!

I thought they were supposed to be blue though?

Not that I really care about the color.  The sound is what matters to me.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,932 of 4,141

Here's mine.

So I got my tracking email at about the same time as the line item that says "Shipment Information Sent to FedEx".

Looks like it took them another 24 hours after that to get the package into the hands of Fedex.

Looks like my package is in Northborough Massachusetts (about 45 min by car from where I live) as of 4pm today, which means - since this is Fedex Smartpost, tomorrow it will probably be delivered to my local post office for them to deliver it the next day.

Now, the next day is Saturday.  Not sure if the post office delivers smartpost packages on Saturday's, but if they do, it may come before the estimated Monday date...

Woo,  Looks like mine actually was bumped up to Saturday.

It's at my local post office now according to the tracking, and the estimated delivery has gone from Monday to Saturday!

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,935 of 4,141
My phone can drive these easily. Don't need a portable amp. They'll be used at home 99% of the time. I also have two solid state amps that are fine. Want a tube amp for a different sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back