Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,127 of 4,141
One way you'd know if you had an order under 500 is if when you placed your order and tyou went back to the drop page, it showed orders under 501 placed.

That still would not be proof you were one of the first 500. They received thousands of orders right when the drop started and it locked up their servers. Only Massdrop has an idea of who fell where with the orders placed (or attempted). So going back after your confirmation and seeing under 500 sold would not mean you were actually one of the first 500.

I know I could easily have sold the second order, but I'd rather do the right thing and let someone else have it.

You would never have had that option. Massdrop went through and cancelled all extra orders placed by mistake. Some people had 6 or 7 confirmations......and Massdrop went through and erased all but their first successful order.

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #1,128 of 4,141
I did contact support multiple times... And never heard back. Just got automated we are really busy responses.

A truly unpleasant customer experience.

Contacted them yesterday and received an answer like 4 hours later. They're busy but their customer support is actually good so there might be some logistic issue that explains the lack of response(s) to your request. Dealt with them multiple times and had to wait up to like 3 or 4 days at points but I always hear back and they always do their job.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #1,130 of 4,141
  How much are you all paying for shipping with the HD 6XX? and do they send invoices?

Thinking to just grab a HD 600 for black friday sale for $200

Not sure about international orders, i suppose it depends on your country, but in US, shipping is free.
Payment confirmation is going out today. As far as shipping invoice/notification, I think they'll send when it ships in December.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,131 of 4,141
Just paid for mine
L3000.gif

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,133 of 4,141

Not sure about international orders, i suppose it depends on your country, but in US, shipping is free.
Payment confirmation is going out today. As far as shipping invoice/notification, I think they'll send when it ships in December.

I use a Freight Forwarder with a Florida Address. But if they ship these things with invoices them I am done for, customs in my country charge 50% Tax. So if customs see the real price of this thing they will charge me $100 USD in Tax so this HD 6xx would end up costing $300 USD.

When I buy on Amazon I can click "Gift" and this ensures no invoices are sent so customs assume the price of a normal headphone and they slap a default tax of $20 USD

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,134 of 4,141
I use a Freight Forwarder with a Florida Address. But if they ship these things with invoices them I am done for, customs in my country charge 50% Tax. So if customs see the real price of this thing they will charge me $100 USD in Tax so this HD 6xx would end up costing $300 USD.

When I buy on Amazon I can click "Gift" and this ensures no invoices are sent so customs assume the price of a normal headphone and they slap a default tax of $20 USD
Ok bud this is something i would clear up with massdrop customer reps or the freight forwarding reps instantly. Customs in canada are quite strict too but if you do tte right things, you will be smiling afterwards, i learnt that the hard way.
Good luck

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #1,135 of 4,141
I was fortunate enough to get in to the batch of emails they sent out.  I paid for my set earlier today.  $200 + $15 tax(rip ca, why are we always taxed).

Excited for what might be my endgame!  Highest end headphone yet.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #1,139 of 4,141
Are Tube AMPs a MUST for this headphone? How much better do they sound compared to SS amps?

A must? No. This headphone can sound great with tube and solid state. It just depends on the amp. On a budget you will have a hard time doing better than Jotunheim for solid state and BHC for tube. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back