Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #781 of 4,141
I'm sure they will clear up the multiple orders and once everything is straightened out they will reopen the drop. 
Sounds like a complete cluster screw* right now to clean up on their side.
Their web service may have shut it down for them on transactions (oops) for crashing the servers.

I've tried for 2+ hours to order and got the oops message so I'll wait for the reopening of the site (sigh...)

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #782 of 4,141
It says I can't join if I already purchased one??? I have no confirmation and can't check my cc cuz I'm at work...

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #786 of 4,141
boy was i pissed........ got to a computer seeing a number of about 850 bought. Logged in placed my order....... waiting waiting waiting..... nothing.... sigh. went and did a few things come back still nothing. reload the page and try again.... samething.  Reload the page again..... drop ended... 
mad.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #788 of 4,141
Got 9 $1 hits and then credit of that same $1 so net effect I guess no order...

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #789 of 4,141
To all those out there....may your experience at the polls prove to be less agitating....

Bern

I did that first thing this morning. Voting went quick and easy that early. All I had to worry about then was Massdrop. :D

Now I'm chilling out to The Rolling Stone, doing some mild meditation, and feeling rather groovy.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #790 of 4,141
Yea... I feel super lucky with this one. Got my order in and placed about 5 minutes after it opened. Got confirmation and everything and no duplicates. Now the wait begins.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #791 of 4,141

I find it weird that so many people are surprised by the insane traffic causing the site to crash - iPhone releases, game releases, random software roll outs, a myriad of exclusive sales all end up this way or worse. If anyone's ever played Everquest and Diablo II or more recently World of Warcraft/Diablo III every time a new patch (or expansion more so) is out the servers die out for hours, lag is colossal, everything runs awfully for the longest time and Blizzard (now owned by an even bigger company, Activision) is worth around 15 billion USD. I don't know how much Massdrop is worth but I can hardly blame them for not being prepared for this when hardly any businesses ever are (or have the means to be).

It is annoying though and I feel for everyone that's left out, look out for the drop being reopened.

I am not surprised by the insane traffic, I knew it would be very heavy ! However, Massdrop should not be surprised by the insane traffic either and been prepared ! What I am surprised about is the way it was handled ! Every time it went OOPS and timed out and then I refreshed it deducted from my bank account ! I have the biggest mess I have ever seen. I stopped counting at 60 transactions. There is no excuse for this unprofessional service, none ! This is not a video game, this is screwing up my bank account. Also, if the max number you could order was one pair, it should have stopped deducting after 1 pair not 60.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #793 of 4,141
Massdrop just posted this:

AlexPeterkin

Quick update everyone,

As expected, this drop was amazingly popular. However, this increased demand on our servers in ways we didn’t anticipate which caused some difficulties processing orders this morning.

Our operations team will be manually removing any duplicate preauthorization or transaction charges you might see, and they should be reversed from your statement in the next 48 hours.

We will continue to post updates throughout the day in this discussion so that the community has a clear understanding of events and resolutions when we have them.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your continued support.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #794 of 4,141
It says under transactions that I was charged for one... Woohoo! Still no confirmation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back