Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #767 of 4,141
  Massdrop servers failed so hard...anyone on the West Coast got in?  Tried for 2:30 hours, couldn't get thru and then 'sold out'.

On the bright side, no need to waste $$ on more needless toys.

Got in after 1.5 hrs, here at LA.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #769 of 4,141
I would, but I have no clue which transactions to delete, will leave it for MassDrop to do. I didnt mean to buy  multipole, jsut so happened all the tabs at once i guess decidewdd to work
I guess thats ok. I just read a horror review on massdrop where one person made two purchases accidently. Massdrop were suposed to cancel the additional one, instead they canceled both of his orders. After all that wait to get them, that was just barbaric.
Hope that doesnt happen to anyone else Nd if it does be sure to open up a support ticket with screenshots as proof.
Good luck bud

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #771 of 4,141
same thing happened to me.. since i got no confirmation from massdrop i tried through cc and got a confirmation after many many many many tries.. GL

Sidenote - what a mess with massdrop never doing this again
  I managed to get one paypal transaction through, but no confirmation of the transaction from Massdrop yet.  I have sent a copy of the paypal receipt to Massdrop Customer Service, and awaiting their response.

Funny:  I actually sold off my Fostex TH-X00 and AKG K7XX headphones, thinking I was done with Massdrop for good. However, like Michael Corleone would say, "they pulled me back in" with this HD6XX drop.  I hope they do not f... this one up.  It took me more than an hour of futile trials to get this one transaction to go through.

Fingers crossed.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #772 of 4,141
Massdrop servers failed so hard...anyone on the West Coast got in?  Tried for 2:30 hours, couldn't get thru and then 'sold out'.

On the bright side, no need to waste $$ on more needless toys.

In So Cal here. I finally got in after an hour 45 mins. Now I show not 1 but 2 transactions with 2 different transaction #s. I'm guessing I'll only be charged for 1 and the other canceled since we're limited to 1 buy.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #777 of 4,141
  Sidenote - what a mess with massdrop never doing this again

I find it weird that so many people are surprised by the insane traffic causing the site to crash - iPhone releases, game releases, random software roll outs, a myriad of exclusive sales all end up this way or worse. If anyone's ever played Everquest and Diablo II or more recently World of Warcraft/Diablo III every time a new patch (or expansion more so) is out the servers die out for hours, lag is colossal, everything runs awfully for the longest time and Blizzard (now owned by an even bigger company, Activision) is worth around 15 billion USD. I don't know how much Massdrop is worth but I can hardly blame them for not being prepared for this when hardly any businesses ever are (or have the means to be).

It is annoying though and I feel for everyone that's left out, look out for the drop being reopened.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #778 of 4,141
That was rough but I got in.

Tell me about it. I feel like a battered fighter. Victorious, but sore all over.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #779 of 4,141

I find it weird that so many people are surprised by the insane traffic causing the site to crash - iPhone releases, game releases, random software roll outs, a myriad of exclusive sales all end up this way or worse. If anyone's ever played Everquest and Diablo II or more recently World of Warcraft/Diablo III every time a new patch (or expansion more so) is out the servers die out for hours, lag is colossal, everything runs awfully for the longest time and Blizzard (now owned by an even bigger company, Activision) is worth around 15 billion USD. I don't know how much Massdrop is worth but I can hardly blame them for not being prepared for this when hardly any businesses ever are (or have the means to be).

It is annoying though and I feel for everyone that's left out, look out for the drop being reopened.

There are a few on ebay for not that much more hd650, so its not the end of the world Like 100 more, which is a lot in one sense, and not in another (convenience etc.)

Also 6xx has not even been confirmed to be 100% identical in build (color/cable length aside).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back