Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 19, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #2,087 of 4,141
My delivery got delayed from Tuesday to Thursday, and I live in north jersey :frowning2:

My package went from Edison to Pennsylvania back to Edison and now I have a 2 day delay. Jesus Christ FedEx is awful

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,088 of 4,141
My delivery got delayed from Tuesday to Thursday, and I live in north jersey :frowning2:

My package went from Edison to Pennsylvania back to Edison and now I have a 2 day delay. Jesus Christ FedEx is awful
I'm going to give all shippers a bit of a break right now as this is thier busiest time of the year. I have had zero problems with Fed Ex in the past and many with UPS. I'm not a patient person either but I'll give them a bit of a break right now. The thing is if Massdrop sent it USPS to you you would already have it.

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,089 of 4,141
The thing that bugs me about FEDEX is that they will change the delivery date and it will go all over the place. UPS will set a delivery date the day the item ships, and it will generally stay on the date and they are accurate.

Although my favorite is still good old USPS, priority mail FTW. Plus they've got extra delivery drivers now for the holidays which means packages come at like 8 am! I quite like it.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #2,091 of 4,141

How is that pairing? I'll have my HD6XX right around Christmas and I'm planning on buying an amp next week. Looking to keep it $200 or less if possible and the Fulla 2 is on my list. How well does it drive them? I'll be using my iPhone 7 Plus or PC as my source player.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #2,092 of 4,141
I prefer UPS -> FEDEX -> USPS... I never feel like I know when my pkg is coming with USPS. Plus USPS's tracking blows..

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,094 of 4,141
The thing that bugs me about FEDEX is that they will change the delivery date and it will go all over the place. UPS will set a delivery date the day the item ships, and it will generally stay on the date and they are accurate.

Although my favorite is still good old USPS, priority mail FTW. Plus they've got extra delivery drivers now for the holidays which means packages come at like 8 am! I quite like it.
4 times UPS package was on the truck for delivery in the past 2 years and twice it was the next day and twice it was on Friday so it was Monday before I got it and I'm 20 minutes from UPS Worldport. I agree on USPS though always solid.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,095 of 4,141
  How is that pairing? I'll have my HD6XX right around Christmas and I'm planning on buying an amp next week. Looking to keep it $200 or less if possible and the Fulla 2 is on my list. How well does it drive them? I'll be using my iPhone 7 Plus or PC as my source player.

No complaints so far. More than enough volume certainly, and they sound great. Ideally you'd probably want a bit more power than the Fulla 2 puts out to really bring them alive, these headphones have a reputation for scaling well with better amps, but the Fulla 2 will do on a budget

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #2,096 of 4,141
Dec 19, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #2,098 of 4,141

No complaints so far. More than enough volume certainly, and they sound great. Ideally you'd probably want a bit more power than the Fulla 2 puts out to really bring them alive, these headphones have a reputation for scaling well with better amps, but the Fulla 2 will do on a budget

Thanks for the response. I thought about going this route because it will be easy on my wallet, I've though about going Modi 2 Uber/Magni 2 and I've thought about going Vali 2/Modi 2 Uber. Kind of sounds like I can't go wrong with any of those, just depends on how much I'm willing to spend.

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,099 of 4,141
Just got mine today. I'm in total audio nirvana. The 650's were always my dream headset, and this drop made them affordable enough to pick up a pair. 

I thought I'd be annoyed by the Y cable, and that the clamp wouldn't be an issue. Well... the opposite is true. I know the clamp loosens over time, but right now I need to take them off every once in a while because of the tightness. 

I'm pairing with an Aune T1 SE. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,100 of 4,141
  Thanks for the response. I thought about going this route because it will be easy on my wallet, I've though about going Modi 2 Uber/Magni 2 and I've thought about going Vali 2/Modi 2 Uber. Kind of sounds like I can't go wrong with any of those, just depends on how much I'm willing to spend.

It's hard to go wrong with Schiit gear. One way to go would be getting the Fulla 2 for now, then you have the flexibility to just use it as a DAC later and add any amp you want to your set-up later on, be it a Vali 2, Modi 2, Jotunheim, whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back