Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,730 of 4,141
This may have been asked to death but... do you guys think there will be another drop soon?

Considering that as of right now 33828 people have requested the drop since the last one ended (which wasn't that long ago) I'd say chances are good.

It of course is not entirely up to Massdrop,  It also depends on Sennheiser's willingness to do another special order.

If it happens though, expect it to be for another ~5,000 units just like last time, and expect the interest to be so high that it overruns the servers again, judging simply based on the ratio of number of requests to available units, which is similar to last time.

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #1,733 of 4,141
important question, how and where does one go about buying an expensive girlfriend.
The better question is how do you find a inexpensive one?

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #1,734 of 4,141
The better question is how do you find a inexpensive one?

Last I checked, that model is still in development.

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #1,737 of 4,141

Considering that as of right now 33828 people have requested the drop since the last one ended (which wasn't that long ago) I'd say chances are good.

It of course is not entirely up to Massdrop,  It also depends on Sennheiser's willingness to do another special order.

If it happens though, expect it to be for another ~5,000 units just like last time, and expect the interest to be so high that it overruns the servers again, judging simply based on the ratio of number of requests to available units, which is similar to last time.

My thoughts are both Senheiser and MD are business entity, at the end of the day if the product makes money they will consider producing it unless shortage of parts and etc.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #1,738 of 4,141

I doubt so, the first batch of Fostex TH-00 was sold out pretty quickly. Subsequent batches were slower and the latest batch were not even sold out. Judging from this pattern, I don't think the next batch will be as hot as the first one.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #1,739 of 4,141
  I doubt so, the first batch of Fostex TH-00 was sold out pretty quickly. Subsequent batches were slower and the latest batch were not even sold out. Judging from this pattern, I don't think the next batch will be as hot as the first one.

I disagree, the $200 price point is key here. The Fostex $400 is harder pill to swallow for majority of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back