Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 12, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,697 of 4,141
  Do you need a balanced amp to benefit from one of these balanced cables?

Yep.  You need to have a balanced amp or you just are re-connecting the connectors and un-doing any potential benefit.  You really need to do it fully balanced if you want to take any benefit.

Here's a good primer by HeadRoom: https://www.headphone.com/pages/balanced-headphones-guide

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #1,698 of 4,141

Yep.  You need to have a balanced amp or you just are re-connecting the connectors and un-doing any potential benefit.  You really need to do it fully balanced if you want to take any benefit.

Here's a good primer by HeadRoom: https://www.headphone.com/pages/balanced-headphones-guide

Oh ok, cool. Thank you! :p

This link is really well explained. But it does feel like i'm reading an informative ad haha.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,699 of 4,141
I saw a used pair of 650 for $200 in the Head-Fi For Sale section and I'm pretty sure it was posted just today - I noted it because I've been looking for one myself but I don't get paid until Thursday :sweat_smile:

If I had $500 I wouldn't be looking in a Mass drop thread :pP lol

I got about $200 for a pair, and I want to get as close as signature and sound as I can with that amount. I've been told the 650s will do that. But I can't afford the 650s. I can afford the 6XX though! :p

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,700 of 4,141
I saw a used pair of 650 for $200 in the Head-Fi For Sale section and I'm pretty sure it was posted just today - I noted it because I've been looking for one myself but I don't get paid until Thursday :sweat_smile:

Thank you! I saw it too. But they have their years on them already. For that price it's not really something i'd consider. Especially because i'm gifting them. If they were for me, i'd probably consider it, or just wait until the next drop.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #1,701 of 4,141
  Oh ok, cool. Thank you! :p

This link is really well explained. But it does feel like i'm reading an informative ad haha.

Heh.  Yeah, it's an informative ad.  While I am not sure HeadRoom was the first, it was definitely one of the first with balanced headphone products (like the ones I use).  Tyll, now on his own at InnerFidelity, probably wrote or had a hand in writing that page.  Many followed for sure.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #1,703 of 4,141
It's Christmas bonus time. :nerd:
Bud save up early in the year and then you can spend without any worry. I saved up early in the year and now I just bought the he560, hd6xx, triple driver xiaomi and two amps(project solaris) & mojo and i am looking into purchasing a gaming computer approx $ 2000. Not bragging but I am fairly proud of my savings this year.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #1,704 of 4,141
Can we see the shipping status in the Massdrop transaction page ?
It seems mine hadn't shipped yet as i didn't get any mail on tracking details . i just want to confirm !

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #1,705 of 4,141
  Can we see the shipping status in the Massdrop transaction page ?
It seems mine hadn't shipped yet as i didn't get any mail on tracking details . i just want to confirm !

Not everyones has shipped yet, but all of them will be shipped by end of day on the 15th I believe.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #1,707 of 4,141
Bud save up early in the year and then you can spend without any worry. I saved up early in the year and now I just bought the he560, hd6xx, triple driver xiaomi and two amps(project solaris) & mojo and i am looking into purchasing a gaming computer approx $ 2000. Not bragging but I am fairly proud of my savings this year.

Haha, I just got into Hi-Fi audio like a few months ago, I didn't have time to save. I'll definitely save up for next year though. 

I also recently upgraded my PC (which is what I saved up for this year) right before I found out about how good audio can really be. 

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,708 of 4,141
I got an email yesterday with tracking number. The delivery date is pending. Shipping from their warehouse in NJ. Hopefully it comes in by the end of the week. Never listened to HD600/650's, so I'm excited to hear how they sound.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,709 of 4,141
Haha, I just got into Hi-Fi audio like a few months ago, I didn't have time to save. I'll definitely save up for next year though. 

I also recently upgraded my PC (which is what I saved up for this year) right before I found out about how good audio can really be. 

I got my shipping email early this morning. Being in MA I'm glad it's shipping from NJ, hopefully I'll get it quickly!

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,710 of 4,141

True that. PC upgrades can be costly. Welcome to the world of music brother. Btw RIP your wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back