Sennheiser unipolar 2000 mod thread
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 174
Wow vid that is really interesting results.
Been fighting with a massive electret driver myself for a while and it's coming close. Helps being run off a Stax adapter.  Not as much in depth or extreme trials as you have done here though.

I commend you for the effort.

So as it stands currently they are " cupless " like the last picture but with AKG pleathers am i correct?

Thanks for the posting.
beerchug.gif
  I will take the liberty of posting the image you linked directly if that's ok... just in case the external image ever gets removed. By the way is that a stock headband or? Sure looks nice.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 174
Yeah, no cups, and with AKG pleathers. The Unipolar are reasonably easy to work on, so it's no big deal, though.

The headband in the picture is stock – comfortable.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 174
Ah fair enough. No wonder. I've only had a look on the Canadian, Australian and American and occasionally few times the German ebay sites and never really had luck.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 174
Two pairs closed on the last of those sites within the last two weeks or so – if you set up an automatic search for Unipolar on there, it shouldn't take too long to come across a pair that seems decent and doesn't go for too much money.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #13 of 174
Since I don't actively monitor the auctions, you'll most likely come across them well before I do. They're not too rare in any case.

For those planning on buying a Unipolar, I'd only recommend it if you're willing to mod or can get them for $20. Some say they sound good stock, but mine were kinda silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back