Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410
Aug 11, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #77 of 102
Exelente review. Thank you!

I have a quick question for u guys,
I have a chance of buying the rs 180 for 120 euros or the rs 175 for 165 euros. Wich would you choose if any?

I have the rs 170 for the last 5 years and I love it, I put the velour pads (rs180) and I use a turtle beach dss to improve the surround. Love the setting.

Just wondering if it's time to update :p

Thank you

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #78 of 102
well if you have the 170 already, and your looking at the 180 or 175, id say take the 180.  ive not heard the 170 or175 but my reasoning is they are both closed, the 180 is open and thus it will bring different attributes to the party.  having the 170 and 175 to me they will both be closed and youll end up using one only where as the 180 and 170 gives you two different styles

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #80 of 102
Thank you! Valuable help
smily_headphones1.gif

im happy to, its what this place is really for after all.  so if you wouldnt mind, if you get soemthing come back, say what you went with and what you make of them too.

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #81 of 102
Nice review. I am actually interested in purchasing these headphones, I will be mainly using them for Gaming would anyone recommend them for gaming or are they poor when it comes to it. I would be using them for FPS games so the large sound stage should be good. Will it be easy to locate the enemy or should I look elsewhere? Wireless is my only option right now.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #83 of 102
  Nice review. I am actually interested in purchasing these headphones, I will be mainly using them for Gaming would anyone recommend them for gaming or are they poor when it comes to it. I would be using them for FPS games so the large sound stage should be good. Will it be easy to locate the enemy or should I look elsewhere? Wireless is my only option right now.

well for gaming they should do great they may not have the positional information that some weird multi driver gaming headsets can offer though, so be aware.  it will give stereo and nothing more.  however...... these will also de video nd more importantly, music an a way i doubt any gaming headset will ever come close to.

Hi Dexterr
The author of this RS185  review really knows his stuff.  He mentioned that if need be, to get the cheapest sound card since you only need it for the plug.
His  reply is somewhere in this RS185 review.

aww, thank you for the kind words.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #90 of 102
I am deciding between the audio technca ath-ad700x or the senn hd 598, what should i get i play 100% games (fps) and need great posistion audio or is there another you recommend around the same price. i wl use probay the astro mixamp o with these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back