Sennheiser RS180 + ODAC
Oct 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

paxl13

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm currently shopping for a DAC for my wireless RS180 and I was wondering If I could pair the RS180 with the ODAC without an amp. I know the ODAC line out is a not amplified line driver but I was asking myself what does the Line Input of the RS180 looked like.

Cheers,
paxl13

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I'm currently shopping for a DAC for my wireless RS180 and I was wondering If I could pair the RS180 with the ODAC without an amp. I know the ODAC line out is a not amplified line driver but I was asking myself what does the Line Input of the RS180 looked like.

What is your audio source?
Is this for music only? or movies? or gaming?
The ODAC will work just fine paired to the RS 180, just need a 3.5mm (1/8", mini-jack) male to 3.5mm male cable.
As the input on the ODAC is USB, your only going to get stereo 2-channel sound, no surround sound for movies or gaming.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 5
It's only for music, The RS180 being my main headphone for now ! I just can't find the input impedance of the RS180 base station, from what I've found on the web as long at it's ~10k it should be fine with ODAC alone.. but I'm a little bit anxious that I'll just not work :frowning2:

Thanks for the informations,
Xavier

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
It's only for music, The RS180 being my main headphone for now ! I just can't find the input impedance of the RS180 base station, from what I've found on the web as long at it's ~10k it should be fine with ODAC alone.. but I'm a little bit anxious that I'll just not work :frowning2:

The ODAC to RS 180 is a simple standard 2-channel analog audio line connection, it's like a 99.99% chance it's going to work.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 5
I have an 180  headphones which we love. The new TV is a Hisense model 42320UW which does not have RCA connectors. If I connect with the headphone socket it (of course) disconnects the TV sound so noone else can  My parentshave hearing loss and use the headphones so I dont get deafened. The ne Tv has HDMI output and USb. I was thinking of some HDMI to RCA concerters or cables. These cables http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-5M-HDMI-to-5-RCA-RGB-Component-Converter-Adapter-HDTV-Video-Audio-AV-Cable-/111651058191?hash=item19feebf20f:g:28gAAOSwqu9VNM74
mae..but they only have digtal input. Would these work on the Sennheiser 180 headphones to allow others to watch TV at a normal level? 
Any oter suggestions would be really aoppreciated  , as being just a tealady ..I'm a tad lost. At prs present we are all watching TV ewi with no sound (except the person with the headphones)..and so far the only help I have from the famiis"Stiff Cheese"....that;'s how the headphone socket works :) any help or suggestions from anyone would be welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back