Sennheiser PXC250 v. PX100 - comparison?
Feb 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SandpiperJohn

New Head-Fier

New to the forums here, nice to meet you all.

I've had a pair of Sennheiser PX100s for the past year and a half, until recently the wiring severed and they stopped working.  Luckily, they were still under warranty, so I sent them in for repair about a month ago.

Today, I got a package from Sennheiser, not with PX100s - rather, a brand new set of PXC250-IIs.

Now, I think it's pretty cool of Sennheiser to send me these [upgraded?] headphones - I saw that the price is substantially higher for the 250s.  But I couldn't find a good comparison, so wanted to ask - are these headphones ACTUALLY better than the 100s?  In other words, do they REALLY sound better, or would I be better off requesting 100s?  

I really loved my PX100s.  Perfect sound for its portability.  I'm a student, and I would wear them everywhere - since they broke, I've been using worthless iPod earbuds.  Every time I use them I cry a little inside.  HATE those earbuds.

So, is it worth keeping, or should I call back and ask if I could get 100s instead?

Other concerns:
- Is the noise cancellation thing worth using?  Do he headphones still sound good if I choose not to use the noise cancellation?  I've always thought noise cancellation was kind of a sham / don't need more digital waves going towards my head then already do via headphones without noise cancellation.  I actually enjoy being able to hear some of my natural environment when I'm walking around.
- I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD595s for around the home - my concern here is having headphones that sound as good as possible while still being portable
- Is this big controller thing for the noise cancellation a hassle to deal with?  Loved how extremely portable the 100s were

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but any help is appreciated.  Wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake by opening this package, if 100s are really what I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back