Sennheiser PXC 550 WIRELESS thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Jul 5, 2016 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Jerryberry

100+ Head-Fier

NEW SENNHEISER PXC 550 Noise-cancelling wireless headphones...Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.

Its official the PXC 550 Wireless headphones are the follow-up to the PXC 450 and will compete with Bose Q35 !!!

Official product page:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/pxc-550-wireless

The Verge:
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/5/12096872/sennheisers-pxc-550-wireless-headphones

Digitaltrends:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/sennheiser-pxc-550-wireless-headphones-30-hour-battery-life/#/2

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 35
I hope someone can compare this to Bose QC35 and Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 AEBT.

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 35
I'm puzzled as to why people think this will actually be better than the QC35 -- I'm guessing because they aren't considering the noise-cancellation the most important part of the calculus in determining which one is "better."

I've yet to hear noise-canceling headphones that canceled noise better than Bose QC25 (I assume QC35 is at least as good or better).

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 35
I'm puzzled as to why people think this will actually be better than the QC35 -- I'm guessing because they aren't considering the noise-cancellation the most important part of the calculus in determining which one is "better."

I've yet to hear noise-canceling headphones that canceled noise better than Bose QC25 (I assume QC35 is at least as good or better).

I agree Bose sets the bar for noise cancelling but in terms of sound fidelity.. Its lacking big time.. In a perfect world we can Marry the two and have the best of both worlds .. Let's see if the senn has a better balance.. Im sure if the noise cancelling is at least 85 % of Bose but the sound fidelity 150% better ! I do hope th NC part is improved from the momentum wireless

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 35
Even though the Senn PXC550 has the physical capability to sound better than the QC35, that might not be the case of you are using an Apple iPhone/iPad as the Bose supports AAC, but Senn PXC550 doesn't. As there is no AptX on Apple iPhone/iPad when paired with the Senn PXC550 the iPhone/iPad will revert to SBC - which sounds very noticeably worse and tinny. So this is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT IF YOU WANT THE Senn PXC550 to work well with the single best selling mobile phone on planet earth. Who to blame for this, maybe both Sennheiser and Apple I guess.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 35
Interestingly, everyone compares it to Bose QC35, but I've not seen any comparison yet with Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (both are bluetooth + noise cancelling).

Has anyone tried them both? How do they compare?

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 35
My pair arrived from Amazon just before they became unavailable. I think that Senn figured out that they could sell these for any price and be rated at the top of its peers. They are transformative. The reproduction is perfect by any accepted criteria. It obviously does some kind of DSP spatial processing that is perfect. Forget all prior ideas of sound stage. These strike me as a Freudian slip from the future. So glad to benefit from the mistake.

I will call them canonical. The standard against which must be measured all others. Everything you listen to you know you are having the privilege of hearing it perfectly for the first time ever. Probably. At least as perfectly as you are capable of.

They create the obsession that you must re-listen to your entire music collection. Weird, that.

The important thing is that they have the recipe and an existence proof. Transforming these characteristics to devices with other form factors is a technicality.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 35
I just received these and so far so good. I cant comment on everything I would like to right now but one small side note, do you need your source (mine is galaxy s6) turned all the way up and the headphone volume at max as well? I mean I probably dont need it much louder, but would like the option. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 35
  I just received these and so far so good. I cant comment on everything I would like to right now but one small side note, do you need your source (mine is galaxy s6) turned all the way up and the headphone volume at max as well? I mean I probably dont need it much louder, but would like the option. 

I dont quite understand what you mean ?

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 35
Haven't used the QC 35, but ******* these are good.. Just perfectly excuted in so many areas! Sound is amazing. They sound like my 598s, but better, even when connected via BT. Wired they are awesome! Amped even better! They are extremely comfy and well built. The case that comes with them sucks though. Get something tougher. Honestly you can't go wrong with them. ANC is surprisingly good too, but mainly I got them for BT, sound and comfort. These headphones check those boxes for me exquisitely.

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 35
Been using them on an iphone 6s btw. Haven't tried them with my Fio X1 yet.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #15 of 35
I'm curious: using the USB cable, can you listen to music from your computer as you charge them?

Second: can you use a USB-to-lightning adapter and listen to them on your iPhone as they charge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back