Sennheiser PXC 550 WIRELESS thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics, discussions, etc.
Dec 14, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #32 of 35
I would not recommend for a workout as they like most closed headphones will probably get to hot.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #33 of 35
I mean point #1 is that I wouldn't recommend circumaural headphones for workout settings in general. Too much possibility of sweat. And since you're likely on a machine or running/biking around a city, noise cancellation could be considered a genuine safety hazard. This is one of the only situations in which Apple's AirPods could be considered a good option: the SQ is transcendently mediocre, but you can hear the world around you and they're very "smart" about connecting to your phone/watch, taking calls, pausing, staying in your ears, etc.

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #34 of 35
I signed up hoping to get some answers, maybe to find out that i received a bad set, because I am very disappointed in the PXC 550's, especially after all the rave reviews I read previously on here and other sites.

First, the headphones are small, like unusually small for a male's head. I have extended the headband out as far as possible, and they barely fit. It has helped to bend and squeeze the headband to get it to fit a little better. Even then it is still pressing my hair down to the scalp in order to fit over my ears. The fit in general is uncomfortable, I tried the HD1's and the fit and comfort was far superior. With these, there does not feel that there is a position they fall into on the head. The Bose QC35 also fit and are more comfortable than the PXC550's.

Second, the sound quality is sub par. There is virtually no bass. If you try to boost the bass with the EQ settings, particularly the 32Hz band, you will get horrible crackling though the headset and a loss of volume. Returning the 32Hz band to center will not correct the problem, the headphones will just put out crackling. Turning the headset off and on is the only way to correct it.

Additionally, like i said, there is no real bass in these sets. Also the bluetooth audio is far worse than the wired audio, the HD1's do not have such a drop in quality when switching to bluetooth. Neither do the Bose QC35's.

Should i try a different pair? I really don't get how these are having such great reviews when what im getting is such a poor sounding, poor fitting headset. Would the Sony 1000XM2's be a better choice?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back