SENNHEISER POLL
Sep 20, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #46 of 61
I only like one SENNHEISER system: he90 + hev90.

And it's the best. The best on this planet.

Only after listening to it will you understand why.

Sep 20, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #47 of 61
Voted 650 because it's the only one in the list i've ever heard and the one i own
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
I also like the angled drivers that give the 595 a great sound stage.

The more mine bed in the wider the soundstage becomes..... these are keepers for sure.... IMO they benefit from a prolonged bed in period just like the majority of 'phones. They're getting better and better as each day goes by, sounded pretty shrill from the box but now they are really starting to open up and settle / relax and I had my first eargasm from the 595 listening to Roger Waters "pros and cons" last night...... I'll give them another few hundred hours of exercise to really loosen them up but so far.... so very good and oh so comfy!

The funky cable is still pissing me off but you can't have your cake and eat it..... they sound the cats whiskers and that's good enough for me Lou
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #49 of 61
PinkFloyd
HI: Congrats on the great 595. When I had me last 595 50 ohm they seemed a little bass shy. The 595 120 ohm are over a year old and I am the third owner and wow what magic there seems to be. My 595 have great bass and everything else. I think its the long use that they have had.

So a real long burn in is what I would suggest. Just let them burn in for a long time. Good Luck with them.

Sep 21, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #50 of 61
I like the comfort, the styling (i.e. I don't look like a goof with HD600/650 at work), and the smooth sound. I actually bought into the HF-1 thread to give those a shot, but from everything I've read about Grados I'm not too sure how I'm going to like them. Worth a shot though. Treble really isn't my thing, but the increase the clarity of the Senns (i.e. remove the 'veil', not that I ever really found them veiled) I have a source/cables/amp setup that emphasizes detail and top end...with Grados it might go overboard!

Still, should be fun.

--Illah

Sep 21, 2005 at 12:04 PM Post #51 of 61
I've only listened to 595 and 650, no idea how the others sound. In direct comparsion 650 won in comfyness and more 'silky' enjoyable sound, so I picked them. They dissappeared more than 595's, which were nice too, but the highs were a tad harsher (specially with Toto) and they didn't fit my head so well as 650.

Oct 6, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Voted "other", as I like the vintage Sennheiser sound (HD424, HD410, I hope one day to find an HD414
wink.gif
)

bye
Andrea

I had the 414SLs for 10-15 years. Awesome headphones. I wish they would bring back the big yellow foam cushions!

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #54 of 61
Lou has stuck with the HD595 for a LONG time (relatively for him) - there must be something to this can!

Oct 6, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #55 of 61
I like the 595 overall for their great balance, detail, and comfort; great for a wide range of music. For straight classical, though, can't beat the 650s.

Oct 7, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #57 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Can't vote for the ones I haven't heard (590, 595), but 580, 600, and 650 I've liked even since hearing each of them for the 1st time.

Well then my post will be the compliment to yours. The ONLY two I've heard are the 590 and 595. They are both comfy, with the 590's winning by a small margin here. The 590's are exciting, but lack some midrange, while the 595's aren't as exciting but win for detail, flexibility across genres and something I can only call 'perfectness'. Of course they're not really perfect but they don't have any real gaping flaws either. I voted for both but would really be lost without my 595's.

Oct 7, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #58 of 61
See my link in sig and my avatar? Then you'll see that my vote was obvious!
Drop on by my HD580 appreciation thread, all the details are right there.

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 7, 2005 at 8:54 AM Post #59 of 61
I voted for the 600 because its the only Senn I have ever heard.It sounds fantastic with my Antique Sound Lab otl Mk111 tube amp(not quite as good with my Gilmore lite).The 650 has my interset but Im thinging about adding a Japenese phone to my collection so the 650,s will have to wait.
600smile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #60 of 61
The only higher end Senn I've heard is the 590 which I own. I really don't like anything about it apart from it's comfort. I find the sound dull, boring and unengaging. Makes me think I may be more of a Grado person, though I've never heard one as they won't let any of their distibutors ship to South Africa (and many other countries) and when I contacted them for details of their local agent, I was given the name of a non-existant company. I emailed this info to Grado about a year ago and am still waiting for a response. Bottom line is I'll probably have to look at some other Senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back