Sennheiser PC350 with ASUS Xonar Xense, worth buying?
Nov 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #79 of 88

Quote:

Surely you're joking? Or your test card didn't have the PCM1796 and CS2000 chips?

I reviewed a mass production sample.  Nothing different between the review card and what you can buy in a store. 
Quote:
So, could anyone give a tl;dr response for whether this is significantly better than the ST/STX or not?

The specs of the Xense are lower in comparison to the ST(X) series cards, I would say they are all excellent cards but different in signature.  Just like DAC's or other audio gear, you get different "flavors".  The Xense is aimed at a different market and user group then the Essence series cards.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #80 of 88
Nov 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #81 of 88
It appears that Rob has updated his review with accurate information.

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #82 of 88
Still using my old bought in March of 09' pair of Sennheiser PC350's with no mod of any kind paired with my Claro HaloXT sound card.
I cant imagine a better sounding headset for "gaming".
Apparently the difference between those that claim they are crap Vs those like me that love them is the way they are powered.
I actually think the Claro HaloXT is a bit better sound card than the Asus but apparently both are well suited for the PC350.
For those that do not like the PC350's maybe the PC360's might be better suited to the sound you prefer and your sound card or lack of Amp.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #83 of 88
Not sure whether the PC 350 that comes with the Xonar is any different to the ones sold individually. If so, then I would strongly recommend against getting it. I used to own a pair of those 'phones and they're absolutely horrible, they sell for about $60 brand new on eBay. Hardly even worth that much money, imo. The sound is extremely dull and boxed-in, you'll be very disappointed.

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #86 of 88
Sure thing, when the opinion is valid in anyway.
Here is what an "opinion" looks like.

I love Mac & cheese

Here is what utter nonsense looks like

I hate Mac & Cheese and everything that touches it because all of it is made out of the milk of infected rats and the noodles are rolled on the naked thighs of ugly fat men.

Saying this headset is "absolutely horrible, dull & boxed in and not worth $60" is utter nonsense. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #87 of 88
In my opinion they sound horrible, if sound weren't subjective then everyone would like the exact same headphones. Saying that your opinion is the only valid one and anything that contradicts that is "utter nonsense" is utter nonsense.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #88 of 88
read whole thread, here my POV

just bought xense set, initially i wasnt impressed at all, well nothing outstanding, was listening to AKG-K240 (55ohm version) studio past 5 years, those died recently
i changed opamps chips to LME42..20 something, they costed like 10eur, seriously guys, comparining to ANYTHING, after upgrade xense set
KILLS anything I ve ever heard, those 10 eur was for me unimaginable sound upgrade hehe, as big as from 10eur panasonics to AKG's or even better.
whole soundstage opened, bass is supertight and strong, highs clear and eteric, just plain WOW, worth every cent.

though havent heard anything with impendance higher than 60 and amplified before (heard grado sr60 not i version, disliked it).
just thinking about getting sennheisers hd800, seriously would it be any difference? (got almost infinite funding source, so money isnt a problem), akg 240s didnt sound any better after opamp upgrade, i mean not any significant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back