Sennheiser Orpheus 2 ($55,000) or Hifiman Shangri La ($50,000)?
May 26, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #31 of 39
Do you have experience with the Susvara?
I'd be interested how they compare.
I actually do not. But I will plan to audition Susvara in the near future as well. To make sure I am covering all basis. I tried some Hifiman in the past, but wasn't convinced. Where as with Diana V2 I was.
In case you heard the Shangri La Jr. I'd be especially interested if the Sr. has better Bass.
i asked them and they actually do not have JR, only SR.

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #33 of 39
Apart from sound quality and processing - both are a clearly speaking for Sennheiser - the HE1 will be worth the money even in 20 years like it`s processor, but nobody will look for a Hifiman at this time.

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #34 of 39
I had a chance to audition HE-1 and compare it to my beloved AB-1266, if anyone is interested, I posted my impressions and pictures here.
I really hope that some stand alone Electrostat will tune their Bass Region like this.

Nice review, cool to see someone with similar taste in music Review Totl cans

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #35 of 39
Nice review, cool to see someone with similar taste in music Review Totl cans
Need to get my hands on more gear like this. Plan to travel to Germany for SR1a + Raal’s standelone amp, and a friend of mine is visiting me with his Valkyria’s in two weeks.

I really hope that some stand alone Electrostat will tune their Bass Region like this.
I agree. I will have a chance to audition Hifiman’s Shangri-la Sr in a month or two, so let’s hear how that one copes with the lower end register. From what I have read so far, most likely not as good as HE-1.

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #36 of 39
Need to get my hands on more gear like this. Plan to travel to Germany for SR1a + Raal’s standelone amp, and a friend of mine is visiting me with his Valkyria’s in two weeks.

I agree. I will have a chance to audition Hifiman’s Shangri-la Sr in a month or two, so let’s hear how that one copes with the lower end register. From what I have read so far, most likely not as good as HE-1.
I'm really interested in your opinion of the Raal. According to measurements it's bass is really lacking. However one member closes the wings completely and said that rhis way the bass is amazing.

I wonder what your take on it will be. If it is a pleasing experience with EDM.

Which Region of germany are you travelling to?

The Valkyria is also interesting but crazy expensive and has no detachable cable, which at this stage is a huge flaw to me

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #37 of 39
I'm really interested in your opinion of the Raal. According to measurements it's bass is really lacking. However one member closes the wings completely and said that rhis way the bass is amazing.

I wonder what your take on it will be. If it is a pleasing experience with EDM.

Which Region of germany are you travelling to?
I contacted Raal and they told me to go to a dealer in Heidelberg, Germany. Any chance you are close buy? We could meet up!

The Valkyria is also interesting but crazy expensive and has no detachable cable, which at this stage is a huge flaw to me
That’s why I am glad someone is bringing it to me first :) I can’t imagine buying one blindly, as the brand is not as established as other ones, the looks are (on pictures) questionable and as you said, longe term, what are you going to do about the cable?

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #38 of 39
I contacted Raal and they told me to go to a dealer in Heidelberg, Germany. Any chance you are close buy? We could meet up!

That’s why I am glad someone is bringing it to me first :) I can’t imagine buying one blindly, as the brand is not as established as other ones, the looks are (on pictures) questionable and as you said, longe term, what are you going to do about the cable?
So you visit the headphone Company from Thomas Halbgewachs.
Unfortunately that is not nearby, however it is an amazing dealer with even at home auditioning.
When there you should Most definitely also audition the T+A Solitaire P on the T+A HA200.
And the Audeze LCD4 if you didn't experience it already.

Also my favourite the Meze Empyrean, considering your music taste you could potentially love it. (It is my favourite headphone regardless of price point - didn't listen to everything though)

And with the Valkyria you probably need the manufacturer to replace it. For me the Valkyria is "dead" due to it, since all m components are meant to last for decades

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #39 of 39
I've decided I'm crazy enough to drop around $50,000 on headphones. I trust head-fi as the best audiophile community out there, so I'll probably buy whichever of the two gets the most recommendations. I appreciate any input, especially if you've had a chance to listen to them. Thanks!
Did you ever end up getting either? I went endgame for my first purchase (slightly out of my budget), got a similar mindset about getting the "best" from the start so I don't waste money and energy and time working my way up. Ultimately, your money to do with as you please, learned quite a few folks invest their greens in custom made gear at this point, a worthy transaction as your gear will also be unique to you. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back