Sennheiser MX 980 Expression
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #123 of 283
I don't get what is supposed to be so special about these earbuds. They do have an analytical signature like say the RE0s, but the sound quality is merely average to my ears. Also, they feel cheap and not sturdy at all despite what the pictures make them look like. Definitively not worth half the money spent. Just my 2 cents.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #124 of 283
^the reaslism of the sound is where it is special.
i think it has the best soundstage ever...portraying the right instrument placement, and the layers of details...

however, tried listening to MJ's billie jean, and there is a lacking/missing in the bass.

this earbud is special, never heard anything like it.

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #125 of 283
I can't believe I just read.
You are the first to bash this earphone. Are you sure it fits well on you?

Quote:
I don't get what is supposed to be so special about these earbuds. They do have an analytical signature like say the RE0s, but the sound quality is merely average to my ears. Also, they feel cheap and not sturdy at all despite what the pictures make them look like. Definitively not worth half the money spent. Just my 2 cents.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #128 of 283
After 6 months of heavy everyday use, I'm loving them more and more. Well done, Sennheiser, this really is the ultimate earbud. Also, the durability is lightyears ahead of what Yuin could produce. All of my PKs crapped out after a few months, while the MX 980 is still like new.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #132 of 283
What?
Mx980 is the Ultimate earbuds. Well I am saying so because it is so good, beyond expected...
I had the as-charm, AT cm700, cm707, final audio piano forte, sennheiser mx880, omx95vc before the mx980.
Quote:
Would it be worth upgrading to these from a pair of yuin ok3?

I've had good luck with the cable on this one - over a year and a half of steady use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back