Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7
May 5, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #136 of 141
I have both of these and they truly sound great both of them. I do however favor the P7 for two reasons: 1. it fits over my ears (the Momentums doesn't exactly hurt my ears but it doesn't feel good either). 2. the P7 is a little bit more engaging and seals better giving it better bass. 

I'm fairly certain the shape of my head is the biggest difference between them. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #137 of 141
The Momentum 2.0 are out now and I was curious if anyone can compare them to the P7's. I'm narrowed down my search to either the 2.0, P7 or M100. Any advice would be surely appreciated. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #138 of 141
The Momentum 2.0 are out now and I was curious if anyone can compare them to the P7's. I'm narrowed down my search to either the 2.0, P7 or M100. Any advice would be surely appreciated. 

I have auditioned all three, and here are my comparisons:

All three are fully over-ear (your entire ear), though the P7 will do best for the largest of ears, Momentum 2.0 for the most sensitive of ears, and M-100 for the toughest of ears (there are XL pads, which I have not tried). Clamp force can be adjusted by stretching the headband for all three, just don't stretch them too far out or in opposite directions.

The M-100 is best for EDM, Top-25, Rap/Hip-Hop, etc. for the bass and sub-bass quality and impact.

The P7 is the best all-rounder for those looking for those looking for a spaciously V-Shaped sound, or softer bass and treble extension.

The Momentum 2.0 is the best all-rounder for those looking for a intimately mid-centric sound, or softer mids and vocals.

Since all three are portable, I figured form and comfort are more priority, hence the first ear cup shape comparison. However, sound does contrast between the three as well. Also, the Momentum 2.0 is currently the only one with a wireless Bluetooth model, though there is a Crossfade Wireless and P5 Wireless (soft on-ear) as well.

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #139 of 141
I have auditioned all three, and here are my comparisons:

All three are fully over-ear (your entire ear), though the P7 will do best for the largest of ears, Momentum 2.0 for the most sensitive of ears, and M-100 for the toughest of ears (there are XL pads, which I have not tried). Clamp force can be adjusted by stretching the headband for all three, just don't stretch them too far out or in opposite directions.

The M-100 is best for EDM, Top-25, Rap/Hip-Hop, etc. for the bass and sub-bass quality and impact.

The P7 is the best all-rounder for those looking for those looking for a spaciously V-Shaped sound, or softer bass and treble extension.

The Momentum 2.0 is the best all-rounder for those looking for a intimately mid-centric sound, or softer mids and vocals.

Since all three are portable, I figured form and comfort are more priority, hence the first ear cup shape comparison. However, sound does contrast between the three as well. Also, the Momentum 2.0 is currently the only one with a wireless Bluetooth model, though there is a Crossfade Wireless and P5 Wireless (soft on-ear) as well.

Thanks! Will the M-100 suffice with instrumental type music as well such as Bonobo or Massive Attack?

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #140 of 141
Thanks! Will the M-100 suffice with instrumental type music as well such as Bonobo or Massive Attack?

It should be fine, though I recommend you try each model out at a Best Buy with a Magnolia Home Theater store. Some Magnolia stores may have a larger headphone selection, so call first to see if they have them for demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back